WRC /F1 Petition For Speed Tv And Fox Networks - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on WRC /F1 Petition For Speed Tv And Fox Networks within the Motorsport Stickies forums, part of the Motorsports Talk category; Signed. Here's hoping we get coverage for next season....

Signed. Here's hoping we get coverage for next season.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Gaaah! Keep your puppy wishes away from me! I've got enough mouths to feed and take care of.

I just wish I had an HD-capable television.
    IBRayhasab&wtvfromteh1956
    I've had one for several years now and I have to admit, there's nothing like a nice HD signal. I think it's great that things are finally moving forward with HD.

It's a mixed blessing. SD, old-school, 480i NTSC signals hid things nobody wanted to see! Many announcers that looked like they'd stood still in time or were gracefully aging, for example, in HD look not only like they've hit the wall, but the wall fell on them too. Plus, SD shows are still shown and most of them look disastrous on a big screen.

Still, the racing in HD, if done with care and good colour balance, looks amazing.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    I've had one for several years now and I have to admit, there's nothing like a nice HD signal. I think it's great that things are finally moving forward with HD.

It's a mixed blessing. SD, old-school, 480i NTSC signals hid things nobody wanted to see! Many announcers that looked like they'd stood still in time or were gracefully aging, for example, in HD look not only like they've hit the wall, but the wall fell on them too. Plus, SD shows are still shown and most of them look disastrous on a big screen.

Still, the racing in HD, if done with care and good colour balance, looks amazing.
    agreed. I was a hd tech for dish network a few years ago when it all started kicking off, and we ended up learning that about 80% of programming was not true hd, it was upconverted (smoothed out) and now it's down to probably 60-70%, but through the coming years, it'll be awesome. Especially sports, and action flicks (HD Curling at the olympics will be sick!)

signed
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    agreed. I was a hd tech for dish network a few years ago when it all started kicking off, and we ended up learning that about 80% of programming was not true hd, it was upconverted (smoothed out) and now it's down to probably 60-70%, but through the coming years, it'll be awesome. Especially sports, and action flicks (HD Curling at the olympics will be sick!)

signed
    HD Curling will be absolutely life-altering, no doubt.

I am a bit torn about sat company's HD-lite offerings. I understand they need the bandwidth, but it's a bit of a shame neither E* nor D* can match the quality of a real HD broadcast that many can pick up with rabbit ears. (Besides, what really bothers me is than neither D* nor E* are exactly shouting "we're not really selling full resolution!").

Hopefully as systems improve it'll become less of an issue.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Their largest problem is that the number of transponder slots used to transmit hd vs sd. It takes 8x the bandwith to broadcast a single HD channel. So they are going to have to completely change their sat's and receivers.. It's an expensive process.. but they are trying to one day be able to include all the local digital channels.. it's going to be a rough road, and cable has a very large hand up on this one.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Signed # 22,931.
    NewEngland F4
    Pics, mods and other rides http://www.cardomain.com/ride/383213/1
    03 VF43'd WRX
    02 CBR 954RR
    87 Transam GTA

Right on!!

Let's get some WRC back in the tube

Quote Originally Posted by unipower View Post
    Let's get some WRC back in the tube
    Definitely, I'm having withdrawls!
    NewEngland F4
    Pics, mods and other rides http://www.cardomain.com/ride/383213/1
    03 VF43'd WRX
    02 CBR 954RR
    87 Transam GTA

Signed! it's about time to get some real racing on there. I miss the USTCC and BTCC. it's nice to see cars that were once real street cars racing, like real people actually race.
    New England F4
    If you're not shifting, you're just riding.

I totalled my WRX

23295 Signatures Total

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    This petition really made a difference.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by josnroh View Post
    This petition really made a difference.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

done
    hope it helps
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234