FS: (NOVA) 2005 WRX wheels Painted GOLD (very nicely done) w/ Kumho tires.

This is a discussion on FS: (NOVA) 2005 WRX wheels Painted GOLD (very nicely done) w/ Kumho tires. within the Mid-A Local For Sale Only ! forums, part of the Mid-Atlantic States category; Well, let me say these thing looks awesome on bugeyes. They are the best looking OEM WRX wheels. Probably my ...

FS: (NOVA) 2005 WRX wheels Painted GOLD (very nicely done) w/ Kumho tires.

Well, let me say these thing looks awesome on bugeyes. They are the best looking OEM WRX wheels. Probably my favorite style. I got Prodrive P7s so now these need to go.

These have been though salt, auto car washes, and everything else and still looks the same as when i did it. I think it is due the crap ton of clear on them. The paint will not fade for a long while or you crack the clear.

They started out Gunmetal.

Whole painting process took over 9 hours (most drying time)!!
    I scuffed them real good wiped them down with acetone.
    Then put 4-5 coats of primer.
    6-7 coats of color.
    Then over 10+ coats of clear.

They are a couple shades darker (or more bronze) than the standard Gold coloring. I think the color is awesome. They get mistaken for the V7 STi wheels for some reason. But, i take it as a compliment to the paint work I and NorvaSub05 did.

They have Kumho's Ecsta Supra 712 on there now. Two with 50-55% left with a lil camber wear. Then the other two 60-65%. I drove on these in the heavy downpour the last few days here. The hydroplane resistance is still awesome.
    So i am probably being generous with the %. I drove on them 10k miles i don't think they have even wore barely any.

I am seeing sets of 05 stockers w/ tires go for around 400. I seen a set of the ugly 02 going for 325 with crap RE92s.

$350.

Anyway the pics it looks a couple shades lighter than they actually are.

WRB, Tial gated 20'gd, PPG reppin Bugeye FTW !

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I may be new here but, i have excellent trade rating on Nabisco:
    NASIOC

(Sorry for posting Nasioc links. )
    WRB, Tial gated 20'gd, PPG reppin Bugeye FTW !