Bike Rack on an rs ?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Bike Rack on an rs ? within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Havent posted in a longgggg time tryin to make money to do something to my lil rs. I want to ...

Registered User Just an RS Girl's Avatar

Bike Rack on an rs ?

Havent posted in a longgggg time tryin to make money to do something to my lil rs.

I want to use my bike this year (get my ass into shape you know)

How, What, where should i do/go/use to get a bike rack?

i dont think i can use a trunk rack cause i have a spoiler
    please help ,,,,
    Last edited by Just an RS Girl; 03-30-2005 at 10:25 AM.
    CHEL...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thuleracks.com

Try there for what system you want to get. I have a Thule roof rack and love it. They are a little pricey (but any quality roof rack will be), but well worth it (I've moved two love seat sized couches on top of my car with it.)

It'll be much more useful than just to tote around your bike. But it'll do that very well too. I love my 589 Velo Vice bike rack, just make sure you adjust it before driving away with your bike on top the first time...I didn't and ended up dropping the bike on the rack and the pedal hit the roof, slightly denting it. But has worked flawlessly since then..

If you want to buy one, go here: http://www.ageebike.com/thule.htm

They have the best price online, and if you're not in PA, you don't pay sales tax.
    -Jim

'02 Platinum Silver WRX sedan w/roof rack...bone stock. Ok, now that's a lie.

GO HOKIES!!!!!!!!!

Registered User Just an RS Girl's Avatar
    are those something to attach to something i would have to have already?

im confused. dumb girl i know. very airy today
    CHEL...

Quote Originally Posted by Just an RS Girl
    are those something to attach to something i would have to have already?

im confused. dumb girl i know. very airy today
    You'd need the rack (400xt Aero Foot Pack, LB50 Load Bars and the 206 fit kit ) and the bike rack (your choice in style, they offer several options. I prefer the fork mount personally http://www.thuleracks.com/thule/prod...id=22&sku=589).

Take a look, this is what you'd need: http://www.thuleracks.com/thule/fg_c...ption_number=1

But Agee.com will have it significantly cheaper than ordering it through Thule. And you can get locks to make sure no one steals your rack or bike (well..it'll help them to not want to steal the bike). And you can add other stuff, like ski racks, or a fairing to cut down wind noise, etc. I absolutely love mine.

Looks like if you got the rack, bike carrier, fairing and locks from Thule, it would cost you $450, if you get it through Agee, it would cost $340. Both are before shipping and taxes.
    Last edited by beastcivic; 03-30-2005 at 01:49 PM.
    -Jim

'02 Platinum Silver WRX sedan w/roof rack...bone stock. Ok, now that's a lie.

GO HOKIES!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.