Check Out My Sti!!!!!!!!!!!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Check Out My Sti!!!!!!!!!!! within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Well, it isn't really mine but it is one of the few that we built for my race team, ICY/Phoenix ...

Check Out My Sti!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, it isn't really mine but it is one of the few that we built for my race team, ICY/Phoenix Racing. We have two that look exactly like this. Just finished them tonight.

We are running the first race of the season this weekend at Summit Point Raceway in West Virginia. We have the two 05' and one 04' STI running this weekend. Anyone that lives in the vacinity should come by and check them out at the track. Otherwise, I should have a ton of pics to post. It would also be nice to meet some of my fellow owners from this area though. Hope to see someone there. ENJOY!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC01118.JPG   DSC01119.JPG   DSC01120.JPG   DSC01122.JPG   DSC01117.JPG  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hey jay whats going on. give me the schedual for some local events and im gonna try and make it down.

Awesome!!!

Can you share what's been done to the cars?
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    That is sweeet! The trailer in the back is huge. Def share the mods and more pics (possibly track photos).
    Uncle Lewie
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

is the winshield banner pheonix racing in pheonixville pa? i know they have an sti or 2, and the vett.
    good luck!

Nice Jay....let us know how it goes this weekend....g'luck!!

-wYlie

Hey what's up guy. Sorry for the delay, we have been working non-stop since last week. Hell, I put in 10 hours of work on Easter!! As far as mods, they have all of the neccesary safety equiptment. Full 8 point cage, fire bottle, racing seat, harnesses, etc. As far as engine mods, the T-2 class we are running in only allow for exhaust and a tune. We just had them tuned today at Xotic, we flew out Shiv from Vishnu to do the tuning. He is an awesome guy. We found out some very interesting things today. With a the tune, the two cars with 2.5" straight pipe peaked out at 291 whp and 325 ft-lb of torque. The other 05' had a titanium racing exhaust from P.I.T. Performance and dyno with over 40 less HP on the same tune!!! After tuning again, we came within 30 hp of the straight pipe cars. Only after switching exhausts, we got the HP back. I couldn't believe the significant difference just between the exhaust!! Had everyone baffled. As for suspension, we are running JRZ Nitrogen filled coilovers but we have to use stock springs. The alignment, it can be set pretty agressive but still has restrictions. Finally, the interior must remain for weight restrictions. It is a tightly restricted series since it is all production based cars but we are also thinking of running one of the 05's in the Speed World Challenge this year which will allow us to go mod crazy.

As for the trailer, it is a full race rig trailer. Holds up to 4 or 5 car, 6 full sets of tires, all of our tools, built-in tool boxes, our pit boxes and whatever else we need. We just had it painted since the sponsorship with Subaru fell into place. We have a long day of getting it ready before our hull Thursday.

Phoenix Performance is in Phoenixville, Pa. A little bit of a hike for me but it is well worth it obviously.

Finally, as far as the scheduling, this is the closest race to here other than Watkins Glen. We may be running a few times at Pocono though. I do plan on flatbedding one of the race cars to a future meet here very soon. I will coordinate that with you, Wylie, when that time gets closer. I will keep you guys all updated and loaded with many pics.

dude...you were at Xotic today?? damn...i woulda liked to have seen them run....

flatbed...we can make it a meet as close to 'home' as you want then...we could just drive over after/before. Lemme know.
    -wYlie

nice sti...whats the mods its runnin
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Quote Originally Posted by WRXcelration
    nice sti...whats the mods its runnin
    Ahhh...note two posts above.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

Quote Originally Posted by 04silver bullet
    We found out some very interesting things today. With a the tune, the two cars with 2.5" straight pipe peaked out at 291 whp and 325 ft-lb of torque. The other 05' had a titanium racing exhaust from P.I.T. Performance and dyno with over 40 less HP on the same tune!!! After tuning again, we came within 30 hp of the straight pipe cars. Only after switching exhausts, we got the HP back. I couldn't believe the significant difference just between the exhaust!! Had everyone baffled.
    Just so I understand...you got 30 more hp out of the 2.5" straight pipe than the racing exhaust after tuning? What was the diameter of the racing exhaust? 3"?
    -Brian

Phoenix performance are great people. Im taking my car there (s3 roush) to get alligned by Kieth because they have one of the best allignment machines in the country. I live very close to them. i realy like the z06 caddy they have.
    Good luck!

Well, we had a great weekend! We took 2nd, 3rd and 4th in the T2 class. We had really strong cars. I also have to give it up to Andrew from Phoenix for taking first place in T1 class with his Vette! The 04 PSM STI we have took a little bit of a beating, need to break out the body hammer . I also have some sweet in car footage from the PSM STI of a few practices and the actual race. Next week, we are going to Limerock for some testing and then off to New Hamshire International for the next race in two weeks. It's a blast!

BTW, the exhaust was a 3" pipe that bottle necked to a 2.5" pipe after the resonator.

Congrats!!

Get the vid up!
    -Brian

Quote Originally Posted by 04silver bullet
    Well, we had a great weekend! We took 2nd, 3rd and 4th in the T2 class. We had really strong cars. I also have to give it up to Andrew from Phoenix for taking first place in T1 class with his Vette! The 04 PSM STI we have took a little bit of a beating, need to break out the body hammer . I also have some sweet in car footage from the PSM STI of a few practices and the actual race. Next week, we are going to Limerock for some testing and then off to New Hamshire International for the next race in two weeks. It's a blast!

BTW, the exhaust was a 3" pipe that bottle necked to a 2.5" pipe after the resonator.
    lol,,the phoenix vet always takes 1st.
    Great job. sounds like fun. i cant wait to go to summit point.
    cheers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.