NJ SCAMMER, need help.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on NJ SCAMMER, need help. within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; 1 month ago I paypal'd 0 for an EJ205 with "22K miles" from a member "chia" (David is his name) ...

I Support ClubWRX

NJ SCAMMER, need help.

1 month ago I paypal'd $450 for an EJ205 with "22K miles" from a member "chia" (David is his name) on NASIOC (http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=693397). He initially says it'll be sent on Monday, then later says he's going to wait until the money hits his bang (another 5 days). For the next week or so I keep getting excuses as to why it isn't being sent ("snowing", "midterms" IN JANUARY!! ) until I sternly, but quite civilly insisted that he sent it ASAP. He said he'd sent it out on the 28th and would have a tracking number the next day.

Long story short, I've sent this guys MANY emails and phone calls only to get a his voicemail which won't even record the message, because it is full and no response on either front. I've tried everything and the last straw was when I FINALLY got him on the phone again (using *67) as soon as I say who I am, he hangs up in my face! You don't know how outraged I am right now. I've seen him sign into AIM (PLAYA056969@aol.com). His paypal verified email address that was used for the purchase just bounces back as an invalid email addres (dmlodi@aol.com, registered to Jennifer Martinez).

I sent a final email saying that I either wanted a tracking number or my $450 back in my paypal account by 5pm Monday (keep in mind this is ONE MONTH after I paid) or I'd pursue legal action with no response.

I'd filed a complaint with paypal and they are in the process of investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by chia
    Im A Good Guy.... If You Just Get To Know Me....
    One Thing Ive Learned In My Short Life Dont Do Things To Others That U Dont Want Done To You.....
    X 1 Million.

If anyone knows him, I'd greatly appreciate any help you can give. Maybe he didn't realize I'm from Pittsburgh and am always in that area?

I've helped out of state people get their stuff back and could use some help.
    If you don't know what his car looks like, look at this thread: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=700688
    It's the GOLD '04-05 looking '02 WRX.

TIA,
    -Calvin
    QuickSilverTypeC@gmail.com
    Last edited by TypeC; 02-09-2005 at 09:48 PM.
    Street Racer Emeritus
    '02 2.5L WRX - Retired

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

damn dude that really sucks, what do you need a ej205 for? do you blow your motor?
    03silver wrx fpgreen stg4FMIC+272,272 cams++

Man that is beat! I hope you get things sorted out. Definitely get on paypal's back or if you paid with a credit card via paypal see if you can contest the charges. Best of luck man.

Oh and for Pittsburgh
    99 Cutlass - gone
    01 Integra GS-R bolt-ons - gone
    04 WRX stage 2+ - gone
    06 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6 spd - gone
    08 Mercedes E350 4matic Sport - lease turned in
    10 Mazdaspeed 3 SRI/Test Pipe - Current

do you have his address? if so PM me with it and any other info you have. either myself or a friend in jersey (whoever is closer) will be happy to pay him a visit. i got scammed for over $400 too and it was never resolved so i'd be happy to help you out with this.
    bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrinkleboi
    do you have his address? if so PM me with it and any other info you have. either myself or a friend in jersey (whoever is closer) will be happy to pay him a visit. i got scammed for over $400 too and it was never resolved so i'd be happy to help you out with this.
    bryan
    Thanks, check PM.
    Street Racer Emeritus
    '02 2.5L WRX - Retired

I Support ClubWRX
    Send me any info you have on him. If he's close enough I'll definitely take a trip over to see him with my friend louis (louisville slugger )
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

tan
    Ditto. I'm in North Jersey

We should have an impromptu meet at this guy's house
    Last edited by tan; 02-10-2005 at 07:35 AM.

Vigilante Justice!!!

I wish I was in Jersey!

----> the dude <-----us

HA!
    2005 9-2X 5MT Blue

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    keep us posted...I hope all turns out well for you. I'd help... but I live in Oregon...
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by tan
    Ditto. I'm in North Jersey

We should have an impromptu meet at this guy's house
    That sounds like a plan to me!!
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

tan
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeC
    For the next week or so I keep getting excuses as to why it isn't being sent ("snowing", "midterms" IN JANUARY!! )

"It's snowing" -- nice excuse...especially when you have a "rally-bred" car.

I Support ClubWRX
    If it makes you feel any better his car is teh ugaly.

Hope you get it all figured out and it's not a lost.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

dude, if u know anyone that is a police officer, have them look up his plates.... PLT-66Y. Good luck!
    -Justin
    -04 2.5 rs
    -NJimprezaCLUB
    -Xtreme-Machines

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, the guy (David, last believed to be Martinez) lives in Lodi.

He hung up again tonight, so I'm about to round up the posse. Be sure to keep your eyes on your PM box.
    Street Racer Emeritus
    '02 2.5L WRX - Retired

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.