What happened to 99.1 HFS?

This is a discussion on What happened to 99.1 HFS? within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I got back from vacation a week and a half ago and and when i got back they were gone. ...

What happened to 99.1 HFS?

I got back from vacation a week and a half ago and and when i got back they were gone. They sold out to a spanish station but why?

Brian

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yea they are gone but i think they are on some other station at night like 105.7 or something up there...listen after like 9-10 and they are also on AOL Radio Now

Man... im stuck listening to dc 101 for alt. rock when im in the car. You know if theyre ever coming back as a full time radio station?

They went off the air on Jan 12 at noon. The Junkies went back to 106.7 WJFK, BigO and Dukes did goto 105.7 but, they are on after 7pm where they play...Legendary HFS. Basically the Junkies were on in the morning doing their normal thing then slowly but surely trucks started showing up taking the studio apart and that is when everyone who worked there found out but, non of us knew. Come to find out, their ratings were low...real low and they were not getting the demegraphic they wanted....bringing in the Junkies 2 years ago was basically a last ditch effort... http://www.junkiesradio.com/ ....they explain a little bit here too
    Last edited by P_Diddy81_99; 01-26-2005 at 09:06 PM.

Thanks for the info.

I Support ClubWRX
    I listern to HFS everynight when it's on. I turn it on at work and on the way home, I dont care what crappy song it is our if it's a commercial I am in full support of it. NEVER LEAVES WHEN IT'S ON. I can not get the junkies due to some asshat suit and tie that only allows DC to pick up there show. It sucks....and I havent heard O and Dukes yet. I know Virgin is on during the evening and then this "Steele" guy comes on midnights. Niecey (female) has weekends (she used to come on after loveline). No more loveline either...i'm really upset overall.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I'm the reverse of you, I can't get 105.7 down where I live. I wish they broadcast 106.7 up in the Baltimore area too, and 105.7 down in VA.
    -Jim

'02 Platinum Silver WRX sedan w/roof rack...bone stock. Ok, now that's a lie.

GO HOKIES!!!!!!!!!

The Junkies were gay and if that was an effort no wonder it failed.

The people that cut my lawn seem to like the switch though

I loved HFS. Everytime I was in the DC Baltimore area I would listen. I attended several HFS festivals...they all pretty good. The best one I attended was at the Raven's stadium. The weather was great, the bands were great and they had a Techno music tent.

There are really no good alt-rock stations here in Charlotte. The End is ok...106.5
    Go fast...

2002 WRX PLATINUM SILVER
    SHORT THROW SHIFTER
    TURBO GAUGE
    WING
    ALL THE REST IS FILLING.....

The good Alt rock stations are all in Toronto........................