Spring Subaru Fun Run (feedback needed)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Spring Subaru Fun Run (feedback needed) within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; After receiving such a positive responce from our Fall FolliageFun Run we have decided to do a Spring Fun Run. ...

Spring Subaru Fun Run (Updated 2/10)

After receiving such a positive responce from our Fall FolliageFun Run we have decided to do a Spring Fun Run. The “Spring Subaru Fun Run” (SSFR) in now planned and scheduled for April 10th. We have the route planned with two scenic stops incorporated for picture taking. The SSFR will take us on some of the same roads as our Fall Foliage Fun Run that we had in the fall. PM me or reply here if you wish to or might attend. I will add you to the list at that time. Once I have all the details ironed out I will PM everyone the written direction and maps for those that want to print them out. Even though I hope to keep everyone together please bring your two way radios if you have them.

Details:
    When:April 10th (raindate April 17th)
    Where: Back roads surrounding the Hazleton, Pa area (NEPA). Spanning from Hazleton to Blakeslee to Catawissa/Bloomsburg and then back to Hazleton. (in general)
    Est. 4-5 hour and almost 175 mile drive
    Meeting place: Fairway Subaru Directions
    Schedule: meet @ 9:30am at Fairway Subaru in Hazleton, driver meeting prior to our departure between 10:30-11:00am. After the run we will meet back in Hazleton for dinner.

Here is a short low quality video promo: Don't laugh too much it is my first video. http://www.jellybytes.net/subaru/dryrunvideo.wmv

I recommend everyone having a co-pilot It's not required, but recommended

If you are coming from afar and need a hotel send me a PM and I let you know what's nearby.

Who's going:
    1. Cattygirl (2)
    2. Twizhimself (2)
    3. khellen9 (2)
    4. DeezNuts1833 (2)
    5. jellybytes
    6. dr_wheel (2)
    7. TurboRoo (2)
    8. scrapin (2)
    9. SKitlerz (2?)
    10. saab90089
    11. Roamin'Coyote (2)
    12. Bort (2)
    13. David Bleurex (2?)
    14. xtrememotion (2)
    15. Boolean
    16. George/Janet STi (2)
    17. Rally Al C. (2)
    18. scrapin SRT4 friend (2)
    19. Wiznaz (2?)
    20. il96 (2)
    21. aidrock
    22. Gov’t Mule
    23. WRX-ERROR
    + a few locals

here is a general map of the fun run route
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails general map.jpg  
    Last edited by tturbotom; 04-09-2005 at 07:17 AM.
    Tom ~ 06 WRX Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

FYI,
    I had a huge meet around march 12/13 last year, and it was C O L D ! ! !

I'd go for April if I were you, because it would be a little warmer.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Sounds nice. April might be better as Trail Boss suggests.
    BTW- I am really itching to take the wagon out in this snow here in the Lehigh Valley.
    Time to round up the usual suspects :-)

Quote Originally Posted by David Bleurex
    Sounds nice. April might be better as Trail Boss suggests.
    BTW- I am really itching to take the wagon out in this snow here in the Lehigh Valley.
    Time to round up the usual suspects :-)
    Does this mean you have your car back? How did your situation work out? Did PIGGY get in touch with you?
    Tom ~ 06 WRX Wagon

April is now the chosen month.
    Now I need to know if Saturday (9th) or Sunday (10th) would be better for you? I say Sunday because of less traffic, but that is my opinion. Either day will work for us.
    Tom ~ 06 WRX Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by tturbotom
    April is now the chosen month.
    Now I need to know if Saturday (9th) or Sunday (10th) would be better for you? I say Sunday because of less traffic, but that is my opinion. Either day will work for us.
    The classic Sunday Drive sounds good to me, Tom and so is Saturday for that matter.
    Maybe Gail will come along with me but only if we drive slowly ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by David Bleurex
    The classic Sunday Drive sounds good to me, Tom and so is Saturday for that matter.
    Maybe Gail will come along with me but only if we drive slowly ;-)
    You might have to blind fold her and turn up thye radio if see doesn't like to drive fast.
    Tom ~ 06 WRX Wagon

Update

I went out today (2/5) with my father in-law to check out some of the planned route. Todays goal was to drive the roads I wasn't too familiar with. I am so stoked. These are some damn (no pun intended) nice and twisty roads that we will be taking this time. And not to much traffic either.

The Francis E. Walter dam will be our first rest/scenic stop. Today was the first time I was ever there. It is a pretty cool site. Like an idiot I forgot my camera, DUH. There are two service roads for the dam. The upper road goes arcoss the top of the dam. The view from the top of the dam is awesome. Hopefully we can stop on the top and get a few pics with our cars. It is a brand new road, but for some reason wasn't open today. Then there is the lower road that goes along the river bed. It's pretty amazing to see what will soon (depending on rain and snow melt) be completely submersed in at least 50 feet water.

From there we traveled arcoss the valley to what I was hoping to be the next rest scenic stop. This was to be the PPL Council Cup Scenic overlook. Though the view was cool (overlooking the Susquhanna River and Berwick Nuclear plant), it had bad parking and a long walk to the overlook spot. So we will scratch this stop and make the Bloomsburg Rec Park our second rest stop. Though not as scenic as Council Cup, the Bloomsburg Rec Park has better parking and more options for group pictures.

On a side note: Judging by the feedbackI have received, I am making Sunday April 10th the scheduled Fun Run day. The rain date will be the following Sunday, April 17th. All other details will be noted in the first post.

If you have any question or comments let me know.
    Tom ~ 06 WRX Wagon

Who's going?

Maybe me too.
    '07 STI UGM: Protuned Cobb DP, Walbro, Prodrive BCS; Cobb heat shield; extra stock rims with Hankook iPike W409's; Subaru hitch mount; a Limited roof and wing
    '02 WRX PS: quick & trouble free but sold with 110K miles
    mods

Hey JD

I was wondering when you were going ot chime in. Hope you can make it again.
    Tom ~ 06 WRX Wagon

im in maybe

i will probably be in, i'll know for sure when it is closer. i loved the fall run though, so i'll try hard to get this in too.
    superwagon!

UPDATE: added map

I added a little map to give a general idea of where we will be going, check the first post.
    Tom ~ 06 WRX Wagon

updated

I made a couple changes to the first post. Plus added more people to the list. Will we break 30?

1. I will PM the directions/map vs. posting online for security (suggested from another member)
    2 PM me if you need me to locate a nearby hotel for you.
    Tom ~ 06 WRX Wagon

Pace Drivers Wanted!

Today I took a drive on the last uncharted section of the run. I am getting more and more stoked, I can’t wait to show off these roads. I have still yet to do a complete dry run from start to finish though.

With that said I am looking for 2 volunteers (driving 2 separate cars during “live” run) to follow Amanda and me during the dry run. These two people would be used as “PACE DRIVERS” during the live run. If the group is going to be as large as it seems, the PACE DRIVERS would be there to help prevent people from getting separated and/or lost. I would prefer that these 2 people somewhat know the area or have a very good sense of direction. The dry run is going to be slow paced and could take an extra hour or so longer than the est. 4-5 hour live run time. If you are interested in being a PACE DRIVER please send me a PM.
    Tom ~ 06 WRX Wagon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.