Spring Subaru Fun Run (feedback needed) - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Spring Subaru Fun Run (feedback needed) within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; are non-wrxs welcome to come?...

are non-wrxs welcome to come?
    2004 San Remo Red WRX
    Cobb AP - Stage 1

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Your welcome to come even if you don't have a WRX. If you plan on attending sent me a PM so I can sent you all the Fun Run information.
    Tom ~ 06 WRX Wagon

Daily Weather Report BUMP

projected weather for April 10th is:

High Temp 53 degrees
    Presipatation 10% chance
    Wind NNW 9mph
    Tom ~ 06 WRX Wagon

My Final Weather Report

Here is my final weather report.

SUNNY
    63 degrees
    7mph winds
    0% chance of rain

I couldn't have asked for better weather than this.
    Tom ~ 06 WRX Wagon

Has anyone NOT received the Final Spring Subaru Fun Run details. If so send me a PM that you plan on attendnig.
    Tom ~ 06 WRX Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by tturbotom
    Has anyone NOT received the Final Spring Subaru Fun Run details. If so send me a PM that you plan on attendnig.
    Ok I said I would let you guys/gals know by Friday and it's Friday.. I'm in for Sunday morning.

Tom can you PM me the detailed for Sunday.. I'm looking forward to meeting you all..

Good morning to all. I am sure most are either on the road or getting ready to get on the road by now. Just want to wish a safe trip to everyone.

See ya soon
    Tom
    Tom ~ 06 WRX Wagon

this fun run was the hottness!!! Hope you guys had a good time at the china buffet, had to skip out early to do taxes. Wow, my car was barely keeping up with the sti's and hooked up wrx's, gonna have to get some suspension upgrades before i hit another fun run lol. Cant wait to see those pics, thank to Tom and Amanda for setting this up, another success, looking forward to the next one!

p.s. - arm out the window all day = bad, my arm got sun burned bad, ouch.

Some pictures.
    Thanks to all for a good time and a special thanks to the folks who followed me as I made some 'spirited' surprise turns
    I've got more pictures but I don't want to overload you or this thread with just my pictures.

I'll e mail anyone with the real Macoys if they want them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Along the Susquehanna.jpg   Father Tom and the Fun Run Flock.jpg   Near the Dam.jpg   WRX at Sunoco.jpg   Scuderia Ferrari.jpg  

Hi!

Just wanted to say Hi to everyone who drove past my house today. We recently moved and live right at the top of the Weatherly Hillclimb Road. This isn't the first time I've seen a collection of cars run up the hill on non-offical race days since we moved. Prior to moving I lived in town and would never see this. I was just finally able to find the actual meet behind it this time. Looked like a nice collection of cars showed up. The FD was nice!

I also saw the three cars going up the hill like a month ago when they were plotting the route. I was on my way down the hill to go to work in my Lumina (daily driver).

I was ready to join you but my 'other car' (93 Toyota MR2 Turbo) isn't driveable at the moment. Maybe in the fall if you hold another trip I'll try to join you.

Would you mind sending me a PM with the full route? Curious with what roads you actually took. Maybe there are some you took that I'm not too famailar with and could check out once the MR2 is on the roads again.
    Last edited by Kupop; 04-10-2005 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kupop
    I was ready to join you but my 'other car' (93 Toyota MR2 Turbo) isn't driveable at the moment. Maybe in the fall if you hold another trip I'll try to join you.
    omg, 93 toyota mr2 turbo is the awesome. It was my other choice if i couldent get my wrx lol.

hey dave! i'll take a copy of those pics, im gonna try to make a video or i'll host a website so you can all see them on www.nofriction.net

jjg267@psu.edu

that's my e-mail, send em when u get the chance so i can post a official pic page.

My MR2 is coming along. I purchased one that needed a fair amount of work and I am slowly fixing it. I wasn't able to afford one that was in great shape so instead of waiting I bought one that needed work and have seen been fixing things. The car has a lot of body damage also but nothing serious. This is why I don't really have many pictures of the car.

The MKII MR2's range from 91-95 in the US but expect to pay nearly 20g for a stock 94/95 MR2. 91 is the most common and once you get to 93 or above the prices will really go up. Not only are they more rare than a 91/92 but there were a handful of upgrades from Toyota.

I am currently waiting for a rear control arm to be shipped. One of mine was bent so now I need to replace it. Put the rear suspension all back together and get it aligned.

When I was originally searching for this fun-drive I searched "Weatherly" and found a thread about the Weatherly Hill Climb with some pictures of the Fairway WRX. If anyone was around on Sunday for the awards I had my MR2 out and was actually parked right infront of that WRX on the road.

Depending on when the Fall fun-run event is held I might join in. All depends on what else is going on at that time.

Many thanks to all who showed. I had a blast. I was glad to see all my hard work and long hours paid off. I look forward to seeing all the pics (Dave could you sent yours to me). Keep an eye out for the video.

Tom
    Tom ~ 06 WRX Wagon

Question

Quote Originally Posted by khellen0
    omg, 93 toyota mr2 turbo is the awesome. It was my other choice if i couldent get my wrx lol.

hey dave! i'll take a copy of those pics, im gonna try to make a video or i'll host a website so you can all see them on www.nofriction.net

jjg267@psu.edu

that's my e-mail, send em when u get the chance so i can post a official pic page.
    Do you have broadband? I can send a few at a time or less. You will get the images straight out of the camera. What you've seen was modified; cropped, resized, unsharp masked, etc. Ok?
    Once again, it was nice meeting you all, and sorry to slow you down;-)

Quote Originally Posted by tturbotom
    Many thanks to all who showed. I had a blast. I was glad to see all my hard work and long hours paid off. I look forward to seeing all the pics (Dave could you sent yours to me). Keep an eye out for the video.

Tom
    Sure, Tom
    BUT,if khellen0 will host them on his website at an unlisted URL, I can send them all to him; everyone permitted to do so, will be able to download them from there.
    The images are all ~1Mb in size. Not all are keepers.
    I hope the sunburn isn't hurting you much.
    I was pooped and have sore muscles. That's what getting old and lazy will do!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.