The DC WRX scene?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on The DC WRX scene? within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I just moved to Washington, DC from Texas from California. I rarely see WRX's or any high performance cars...this place ...

The DC WRX scene?

I just moved to Washington, DC from Texas from California. I rarely see WRX's or any high performance cars...this place is lame for modded cars. I haven't scene or heard of anything thus far. The roads suck too for racing. No long straight aways like in Texas or Cali. Do you guys know of a racing scene around here? Please let me know!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i heard from some peeps that they street race in Waldorf, MD. but i never seen/ been there in person, so not real sure where at there. and you got pics of your car?
    i drive 02 MBP WRX.
    what?

I've got a 04 black WRX. Haven't had the money to do much yet, but I do have a salary paid job now so the money will be flowing in from here on out. I have pics on my old hard drive, but I'm still working on getting those off that. Will get pics soon.... I guess Waldorf would be good since it's out in the boondocks...

The scene around DC, VA, MD is getting bigger. Good places to go are Rockville, MD. or Burke and Manassas, VA. I know Street racing is the best thing to do but if you dont have anywhere else to go then where. I know alot of ppl that like to do Highway runs. I drive an 03 White WRX.

Take it to the track. There are a few drag strips, a lot of autocross events, even a local rally race and track racing.
    -Jim

'02 Platinum Silver WRX sedan w/roof rack...bone stock. Ok, now that's a lie.

GO HOKIES!!!!!!!!!

DCAWD also has a decent following....but yeah, maryland and DC get sort of lame

I just checked out that site and noticed Sabre runs it. He is one of my buddy's good friends from college. Hmm...small world.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

Quote Originally Posted by beastcivic
    Take it to the track. There are a few drag strips, a lot of autocross events, even a local rally race and track racing.
    i also feel that this is the best way to go. don't get me wrong i to have had my fair share in street racing, but in the past few months kids have killed them selfs in MD and VA and the local PO PO is cracking down.

i just don't want my fellow subaru brothers and sisters getting hurt.

Where's a track around here?

Quote Originally Posted by adub
    Where's a track around here?
    There's a bunch of tracks "generally" in the area. I go to Cecil Drapstrip in MD but that's a hike for you.

www.1320.com

Anytime I go to NOVA I see craploads of modded cars. However, you also live in an area where the cops can write tickets for just about anything they don't like on a modded car and you can't do crap about it. (Assuming you're in NOVA)

I am getting together people for a track rental day at MIR dragway. Join us! See the drag forum for info on how to join.

Quote Originally Posted by turbo2nr
    I am getting together people for a track rental day at MIR dragway. Join us! See the drag forum for info on how to join.
    That would be cool. Mind if I cross post it onto my board?

Sure, we have four weeks to get together the group.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.