Gravel and Dirt in Loudoun County, VA

This is a discussion on Gravel and Dirt in Loudoun County, VA within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Yesterday went graveling on some of my favorite Loudoun Cty roads. a few hundred yards down on the left I ...

Gravel and Dirt in Loudoun County, VA

Yesterday went graveling on some of my favorite Loudoun Cty roads.

a few hundred yards down on the left I came across a brand new paved! road (it wasn't there 2 months ago).

so I go to explore and after 2 or 3 hundred yards of asphalt I find a freshly bulldozed construction site !!! with nothing but caterpiller tracks in loops and circles.

I went real slow at first testing out the waters. I bottomed out about 5 times (oops, newbie here).

after a few times around my new "track" getting my bearings I started getting on it a bit putting my back end out and sliding sideways.

all in some nice soft dirt.

unfortunatley this stuff will probably be paved in a week or two (lots of big machines sitting ready to tear chit up!).
    and then they'll probably pave the other roads too! >:{

Get on it while its there!

my friends think i'm nuts.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

what?

no comments? no interest?

are you afraid of the dirt?

come on! say something.

Within 10 miles of my break-in period being over, I said that my brother could drive my WRX. Where does he live? Leesburg. Where does he take it? On a crazy 80 mph trip over all of the wonderful gravel roads of Loudoun county. I didn't even know what an Oh Sh*t handle was before that, and that night I almost ripped mine off the ceiling.

Someone should set up a ClubRally down there. I'll ask my friend Dave who organizes the SCCA ProRallies in DC.
    Matt
    WRX-less, now RSX-y!!!

Loudoun County roads

You guys better hustle if you want to drive on gravel and dirt out here in Loudoun County! It's all getting asphalt-ed. Soon we'll be flinging it around in WV.

Purcellville! Wow that's one of those population 5 towns out in Loudoun, right?

What about Ebenezer Church road or whatever it's called...they're not paving that, are they?
    Matt
    WRX-less, now RSX-y!!!

Loudoun County gravel and dirt roads

Well, we're a little more than 5 here in Purcellville. That's the problem, it's growing so fast around here that builders are scrambling to find places for all the new homes. The population is almost to 4000 (doubled in last 10 yrs). However, I think Ebenezer Church road might be safe for awhile to come. There are a few good roads left in Loudoun, mainly north and west of here.