MD: Got the HYDRA Element - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on MD: Got the HYDRA Element within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by ReXoRaMa Exactly. Thanks for clearifying Tim. I already know how an OBDII test works thanks wrxwagon Tim, ...

Quote Originally Posted by ReXoRaMa
    Exactly. Thanks for clearifying Tim.

I already know how an OBDII test works thanks wrxwagon

Tim, I believe they are changing how NY inspects. I moved from Buffalo last year and there was talk about statewide OBDII scans for every inspection.

It's too bad there wasn't someway someone could develope a standalone that was OBDII compliant. I know, I'm in fantasy land now
    At any point it becomes very "hush hush" how people pass inspection, ask any of the huge HP guys on nasioc, and they probably either

1) won't tell you
    2) give you a very very brief explanation like "go back to stock exhaust+ECU" or something like that

I think a lot of times it involves finding someone who is "sympathetic" to the cause of high HP and getting them to "forget" about the OBDII scan.

I dunno....it's all very frustrating, I'm putting out less crap in my catless stage 4 car than most cars that are 10 years or older, just because I have a nice clean tune, instead of 3 chemical spewing cats dumping heavy metal into our water tables

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah I hear ya man.

I know about the "friends" that do inspections. I didn't run cats or a smog pump on a few cars back up in Buffalo and got the $25 inspection done

Just didn't think there was a way to get through a state run operation.

Makes me want to get a pre '96 car and just get an emmissions tune done for when I need it.
    Last edited by ReXoRaMa; 01-23-2005 at 09:35 PM. Reason: because

ReX, I hope you are coming to rental, but the rest of you guys should check out the Suby track rental. Phil has agreed to come on March 28th to help with tuning. There will be some fast wrxs there, lunch, spare parts provided by me, tools, etc.
    link to rental

Scott

The New York OBDII test has a loophole. If the inspection computer cannot communicate with your OBDII for some reason, it will revert to a tailpipe test.

I'd like to compare notes with a Hydra user. I have an AEM EMS in my other car and was considering that or a Hydra for the WRX, maybe.
    -Brian.

Originally posted by Trainrex
    Everybody run!!! It's a spy!!! ***runs out of house screaming and flailing arms above head***

Quote Originally Posted by chevyeater
    The New York OBDII test has a loophole. If the inspection computer cannot communicate with your OBDII for some reason, it will revert to a tailpipe test.

I'd like to compare notes with a Hydra user. I have an AEM EMS in my other car and was considering that or a Hydra for the WRX, maybe.
    FWIW, AEM is not WRX specific in many respects where the hydra has been custom tailored to fit the WRX needs based on Phil's requests from Hydra. AEM is generally believed to be too much ECU with too many useless features for the WRX. Personally, I would love to hear from someone who has set up both and see what their feelings are in regards to the two. It seems like if you wanted to do this sort of on your own, the Hydra would work better since Phil has a base map for just about every setup out there.

well I just got my emissions checked so maybe I should pick up a Hydra to run for the next two years

Quote Originally Posted by turbo2nr
    ReX, I hope you are coming to rental, but the rest of you guys should check out the Suby track rental. Phil has agreed to come on March 28th to help with tuning. There will be some fast wrxs there, lunch, spare parts provided by me, tools, etc.
    link to rental

Scott
    Need4boost, Stretchwrx, Timdog1650, and Wrinkleboi, you guys should consider coming to the track rental in MD this March. The nations leading seller/installer of AEM for Subys will be there (Howard from ARFabrication), and Phil from Element tuning. Still time to sign up.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by turbo2nr
    Need4boost, Stretchwrx, Timdog1650, and Wrinkleboi, you guys should consider coming to the track rental in MD this March. The nations leading seller/installer of AEM for Subys will be there (Howard from ARFabrication), and Phil from Element tuning. Still time to sign up.

Scott
    Scott, I def am considering it.
    FS: 02 WRX with JDM V7 RA-C

Well, I won't count you in untill you make up your mind, sorry.

Registered
    I'm going to be there at MIR with my newly tuned Hydra. Phil is tuning it as I type this.

Quote Originally Posted by Crucial Racing
    I'm going to be there at MIR with my newly tuned Hydra. Phil is tuning it as I type this.

So, how do you like it... everything working out well for ya?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.