Matt Slap Subaru in Newark, DE
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Matt Slap Subaru in Newark, DE within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; has anyone bought their wrx from them? im planning on ordering a 03 from them in a few months since ...

Matt Slap Subaru in Newark, DE

has anyone bought their wrx from them? im planning on ordering a 03 from them in a few months since my girlfriends family has had good luck with them, and can hopefully get me a real good deal from the salesman they have been using. how was your experience with them? how is their service department?
    Last edited by iceWRX; 09-05-2002 at 08:36 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

isn't that kinda far for new jersey? i guess if you're across the del mem it's not too bad. i shopped there and concordville and rafferty and roberts. Roberts had the best price for me and they are very low pressure. I can't really say about service as mine only has 1100 miles on it!

It seems that the consensus is that most dealer serviceships are junk/expensive and that if you shop around with internet quotes the dealer that you do choose will match that price. there's still some 02s out there for bargains! Good luck!

Roamin'

thanks for replying Roamin'Coyote. yeah DE is pretty far from me, but my gf lives out that way so it isn't that bad. i checked out concordville and didn't really like the salesman there. he knew crap about the car. he had to call another salesman on his cell phone to find out some simple info for me that i already knew. i dont know the area that well there, but where is Roberts located? maybe the next time im down that way ill check them out.

I shopped around for a good deal on a "leftover" '02, and wasn't too pleased with the salesman at Matt Slap. Not a jerk, just acted like the car was still really rare, and didn't seem interested in bargaining at all. In their defense, I know several Outback owners that take their cars there for service, and seem happy with them.

If you're willing to drive, Becker Subaru in Allentown, PA gave me a great deal (under invoice) and were a pleasure to deal with. John Chickey (salesman) knew the car, knew that most people looking at the WRX already know everything about the car, and was honest and up front about the whole deal. Plus, they give me full Kelly Blue Book value for my old piece of shizznit. Kind of a cool delaership in that they only sell Subarus...(similar to Matt Slap in that regard)

Good luck shopping, and keep in mind the minimal differences between '02 and '03, ie) get a good price on an "02 if you're ready to buy now.

Honk if you see a red wagon around South Jersey/Wilmington; that's me!

Lil' Gas Passer, thanks for the input. do you remember the salesman that helped you out at Matt Slap? im definitely looking at a 03 cause im not ready to buy now. waiting for the lease on my current car to come to an end.

roberts is in downingtown, pa. let me know if you want directions or whatever. they chucked in free PA inspections and a 2 year 7,500 mile service plan. not bad.

Lil' Gas has a point about most WRX owners knowing more about the car than the salespeople. We're a fanatic bunch and we do our research (for the time being), but soon people will just be buying it because it's there.

I wouldn't NOT buy just because the salesperson doesn't know what's going on. price and maybe service should be more important. What I did was go to all the area subaru websites, pick the models that i was interested in and request a quote. sometimes the internet quote is pretty good - then you can use it to bargain with. also check that site that gives you dealer invoice, fair market, and msrp prices - i forget where it is.

anyway. keep us posted.

Roamin'

thanks roamin'. my gf said she knows where roberts is. ill check them out the next time im down there. i wasnt counting concordville out i just didn't like how the salesman approached me not knowing anything about the car.

i havn't tried getting internet quotes so i will do that when i get a chance. thanks a lot of all the info.

str
    I live in DE and the Subaru dealerships suck in this area. Matt Slap sucked ass when I went there. I bought mine in PA at Concordville Subaru. There is also one in New castle, DE called Nucarr Subaru I think on route 13. Anyway, stay far AWAY from all of thier service departments. They suck soooooooo bad. I'm in the process of trying to find a good mechanic for my oil changes and stuff. I wouldn't suggest making a trip all the way down to DE to visit a Subaru dealership, they just don't seem with it.
    2004 Black Forester XT

str has a point. most dealer service does suck. like i said, my dealer gave me two years of service on the 7,500 mile schedule and i'll take em up on it to save some $$$.

i'll probably just get the stuff to do the other basic service on my own. i just got an oil change today and it was like $36!!! okay, it was an express service (15 minutes - just enough to read the automobile long term WRX article). a couple of those and i could have bought everything to DIY.

oh well. you might want to just try a local garage and build a relationship with a mechanic you can trust to keep you safe while not ripping you off.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.