Rubber deposits on my windshield

This is a discussion on Rubber deposits on my windshield within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Hey all, My wiper blades are putting deposits on my windshield. They started the second time it rained and I ...

Rubber deposits on my windshield

Hey all,

My wiper blades are putting deposits on my windshield. They started the second time it rained and I was using them. I cleaned off my window and applied Rain-X. The deposits started again. I cleaned the wiper blades with 409 spray and wiped them off but still leaving deposits.

Then I had the wiper blades changed and after the second time of use more deposit on the windshield.

I don't know what to try next. Do I need to get other than stock wiper blades? Any ideas?
    Better Vision = Better Driving

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

are there lots of chips on your windshield? only way for anything to leave a deposit in something if there was something to make a deposit into. rock chips or something like that might cause the rubber to wear off and cause rubber deposits.
    04 Fools Gold Black WRX
    LISC #04

also, just realized, try posting this elsewhere, like maint and service forum.
    04 Fools Gold Black WRX
    LISC #04

There are no rock chips. It is a brand new '05 WRX.

thanks, I'll post this in other spots

It's from the donuts you're doing. Once you stop doing donuts, you won't have the rubber deposits.

So you think that it is actually rubber from my wheels. This may be true but, it may be from the tires of the people I'm passing as they try to stay ahead of me. ha, ha.

I'm bumping this because I have noticed the 05 wrx wipers absolutely blow...They dragged and skipped everytime causing extremely horrible visibility... I would have seen better in the rain if i wrapped them in bounty paper towels... My 03 wipers were great, but this is the first problem I noticed with the 05... This is the first thing I corrected with my 05 also... I tore those stock wipers off and put on the extremely ricey (but super lightweight) MTEC wipers... I actually really like the way the MTEC wipers perform...