Anybody in Delaware?

This is a discussion on Anybody in Delaware? within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I saw a silver WRX sedan last night on Pennsylvania Avenue turning on to Greenhill Ave. Anyone from the site. ...

str

Anybody in Delaware?

I saw a silver WRX sedan last night on Pennsylvania Avenue turning on to Greenhill Ave. Anyone from the site. It still had y-tags on it. Anyone else live in DE??
    2004 Black Forester XT

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

wasn't me

Hey str,

wasn't me, but what part of DE are you from? I'm from west chester, pa, but i make frequent trips down to the 1st state (tax free, baby). anyway, maybe i'll see you around - be on the lookout for a silver wagon with PA tags.

Roamin'

str
    Cool. there's been a silver sedan riding around my area latley but I haven't had a chance to try and chat with him. Where did you buy your WRX? i got mine at concordville subaru. Nice salesman but I'm not too thrilled with the service department. By the way I'm from Wilmington.
    2004 Black Forester XT

DE is only an hour drive for me. I'd meet up with you guys!

-Jim

str
    I should be able to drive in the next few days (broke my shoulder a few weeks ago). Maybe we can met up and head to Cecil CO. racetrack next week, which is only about 45 min or less from DE. If not, we could just meet up one night and hang out and zip around on some backroads that are near my house, very fun to drive on. Email me at str27@comcast.net if you want to get togethor soon.
    2004 Black Forester XT

Originally posted by str
    I should be able to drive in the next few days (broke my shoulder a few weeks ago). Maybe we can met up and head to Cecil CO. racetrack next week, which is only about 45 min or less from DE. If not, we could just meet up one night and hang out and zip around on some backroads that are near my house, very fun to drive on. Email me at str27@comcast.net if you want to get togethor soon.
    DEFINITELY. I'm heading to Fairfax, VA this Friday night to work on Kanos' car AGAIN, but the next few w/e's I'm free. We need to get a Cecil County meet together soon!

-Jim

sorry I wasn't paying attention!

Hey Str (and Plat),

I forgot to subscribe when I was checking out this thread before. I kinda forgot about it till now! I WASN'T ignoring you, honest. Anyway, it must be killing you to not be able to drive your scooby. Hopefully you be up soon?!?

I actually purchased my car at Roberts in nearby Downingtown. They had a better price for me and stocked what I wanted and generally treated me pretty well. But, I bought my last car ('91 Sentra SE-R used) from Concordville and it was alright.

But, I do have to say Concordville DEFINITELY influenced my WRX purchasing decision. I had been checking out all sorts of stuff, mostly used, ALL over the place. I stopped in one night to see if they had any Maxima SEs (a reasonable step up from my SE-R). No luck. They started talking to me about all these cars, but they had a used pale yellow WRX out front. I asked a guy about it and said "Don't you have any new ones in stock?" He goes, "OH, they're all back here - behind the fence." *grins* Then adds, "You wanna take one out for a test drive?" It was all I could do to not say "HELL YES!" I couldn't believe they let me take it - I was wearing shorts, t-shirt, tevas, and a hat. Most ppl tell me I look about 20 like that (althought I'm 29). Well, it was a WRB sedan - short throw, sec. sys, premium sound, spoiler, turbo ga. (would have been my 2nd choice had I not gotten a silver wagon). Needless to say and 3 weeks later I had my WRX!

Anyway, if you guys get together "down here" shoot me a PM (I get the notice by email), but I'll have to warn you I'm bone stock and just getting up to the break in period - so you'll probably dust me if we go messin' around. Take care.

Roamin'

subaru meet at track in PA

are any of you guys heading up to Beaver Springs Dragway for the big Subaru shootout on sat. the 14th? i now live in MD, and ran at Cecil County a few times. BSD is about 15 mins from where i grew up, and where my parents still live. i will almost definitely be going unless something major comes up. any of you guys heading up there from DE? did you guys hear about it? let me know if you need more info.

Have you all seen this red wagon with a guy grinning ear-to-ear every time he hits the gas running between Wilmington and Philly? That's me. See you on the roads!

- John