Dealer Addons?!? Any ideas.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Dealer Addons?!? Any ideas. within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; As I am looking for a WRX to buy, I was wondering which dealer addons you all thought were good ...

Dealer Addons?!? Any ideas.

As I am looking for a WRX to buy, I was wondering which dealer addons you all thought were good ones and which you thought were just fluff?

My thoughts were I want the arm rest extension and the turbo gage.

Are there others that I should have? I want personal preferences and why.

Thanks, this forum has helped me learn much about these cars.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thumbs down

I wouldn't get either of those two add ons. Why? Well, I bought the arm rest extension a couple months AFTER I bought the car and felt what it was like in someone else's car. What if I had it and didn't want it? I would have to sell it at a loss. Secondly, you can buy one on the Internet for a lot less than the dealer charges. Same goes for the boost gauge. You can get a better one for less than the dealer charges on the Internet as well. I don't have one, but plan on getting one soon.

My car came with the short throw shifter (I could have gotten that in the aftermarket as well), auto-dimming compass mirror (that was add-on), and the upgraded security system (which after reading the posts from stolen WRXes in NJ doesn't help much - unless the car is an '05). I would get the heated seats for those cold arse winter days!
    Last edited by photog72; 09-24-2004 at 08:18 AM.
    "People who believe they are acting with the mandate of God, who see others who don't share their beliefs as inferior in the eyes of God, make dangerous leaders. Just ask Osama Bin Laden." - Ron Reagan Jr.

thanks for your thoughts. I may just get a basic one the put the addons later. I'm glad to hear that some one can find stuff cheaper than the dealership for the cars.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Red*Eye
    thanks for your thoughts. I may just get a basic one the put the addons later. I'm glad to hear that some one can find stuff cheaper than the dealership for the cars.

Thanks again.
    i got the most basic wrx deal...but i was also thinking about short throw..i wouldnt go with the boost gauge because i dont like the fact that it doesnt read in psi..and you have to convert etc..
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.