MD: Rally Style Roof Scoop
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on MD: Rally Style Roof Scoop within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; This is a brand new unpainted fiberglass roof scoop and all required mounting gaskets (foam double sided to reduce noise). ...

MD: Rally Style Roof Scoop

This is a brand new unpainted fiberglass roof scoop and all required mounting gaskets (foam double sided to reduce noise). It simply bolts into the roof of the car and is ready to go. Purchased originally from here: Primitive Racing But was never installed.

$100 shipped, negotiable

Thanks

~Tim

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

How can you install this roof scoop??
    Just stick in the top of the roof or need to drill some holes on the roof and bolt that on???
    O5 Aspen White STI + AP stage II !!!
    02 Rally Blue WRX sold !!

STi EVO

Quote Originally Posted by AUTO228
    How can you install this roof scoop??
    Just stick in the top of the roof or need to drill some holes on the roof and bolt that on???
    I shouldn't have used the word "bolts" in my initial post...it goes on with standard body shop adhesive/bond stuff...you could bolt it on by drilling through the roof but that sounds pretty sketchy if you ever want to resell the car. it applies the same way front bumpers/lips and stuff go on.

~Tim

Bump, changed the price to negotiable, so if someone slightly local wants to work something else out I can cut it down a couple bucks. This has got to go, and it's brand freakin' new!!!

I'm confused. If you just stuck it on the roof with tape there wouldn't be any airflow to the cabin. You've got to cut a hole in the roof, right?

Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    i think that this is just the fiberglass piece for the scoop...there is a kit out there that has a small opening that can be propped open for airflow into the cabin, however this obviously requires cutting. What I would like to know is if the kit i described above works with this particular roof scoop...? It would be pretty neat to have the scoop be functional.
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.

the actualy opening in the roof of your car requires a JDM Spec C roof vent kit, it's just a little pop-open sunroof that lets air flow in because the JDM STi Spec C doesn't have any air conditioner. This scoop will fit over the roof vent and allow both to be functional, but doesn't in itself allow air to go in since it's just the scoop. It's 50% of the equation if you want your roofline to look like the WRC cars and be functional.

~Tim

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.