Need help with ticket
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Need help with ticket within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Today I was cruising downtown Frederick, MD. And got stopped by the Frederick Police. I was stopped because my aftermarket ...

Angry Need help with ticket

Today I was cruising downtown Frederick, MD. And got stopped by the Frederick Police. I was stopped because my aftermarket "Exhaust is illegal in MD". He gave the option to pay $55 for the ticket and remove the exhaust in 15 days. Also he gave me the option to plea guilty and go see the judge and see if he can let it slip. (just pay the $55) And do nothing and go to court.
    I need help in two ways:

1. Is there any aftermarket exhaust that is 50 state legal?
    Which brand and does it have a certificate that I can show
    the judge?
    2. Has anybody had the same problen in MD?
    What you did?
    What kind of legal "ammo" i can show the judge to revert this
    decision?

Up until today I always helped the Police fund! That aint happening again. And I hate when a young officer treats me as a punk. I have been on the military for 17 years and have saved more lives and done more good than this young officer has done on his <5 year career. I just want to have a cool car and cruise is style. Anything wrong with that. Anyways let me stop bit@#ing.

Help

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i believe the Db level is 95 in MD. so find the Db level of your exhaust, the bolra hush exhuast is only 87 i believe at its peak so that is a good option.

as far as court goes i would say go and talk about your history.... military...police fundraising..... say you had no idea, you removed it immediately and went ack to a stock setup to avoid further problems...yadayadayada. best chance of getting out of it, and hey the cop might not even show up in which case you plead not guilty and wait around and then dont have to pay.

chile

I don't believe it would matter whichever 50 States legal aftermarket muffler you put on; if it is louder than factory, it's illegal - that's the part the aftermarketers don't tell you.
    '03 WRX Wagon
    '99 Outback Sport
    '96 Impreza "Franken" L <- CoDriver
    http://TeamIAC.com
    http://race-sport.net
    http://racingbrake.com

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.