My car ALMOST STOLEN AGAIN!!!!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on My car ALMOST STOLEN AGAIN!!!! within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; This happened tuesday night. I will put in all the specifics of locations for those that live in the area. ...

My car ALMOST STOLEN AGAIN!!!!

This happened tuesday night. I will put in all the specifics of locations for those that live in the area.

I was heading into NYC for the night. Train was at 8:26. I was leaving from the Dunellen train station. I got there at about 8:05. Parked my car in the back of the lot where no other cars were (no ding monsters) and noticed as I was walking to the station that two other cars pulled in pretty much at the same time as me, parked pretty far away and stayed in their cars. I thought this was odd (I have theft paranoia already from last time it was stolen). So I go up on the train platform and I keep watching these two cars. They sit there for about 5 minutes then they pull out and drive over to my car and park on both sides of it for like 30-90 seconds. This is where I knew the **** was on and I started to flip out. I needed to be in the city (it was extremely important that I be there) but I was not going to leave my car there. My train was coming in 4 minutes. So I called my parents, they live about 4 minutes from the station. Told her to get her ass down to the station and take my car to their house....I go down to my car to wait for them and as I am sitting there one of the guys in the cars, there were about 6 guys in the 2 cars it seemed, opens his door and kinda peaks over to see what is going on....

Long story short, they showed up, we switched cars, I missed my train (dammit) and as soon as we pulled out of the lot the other two cars left.

I managed to get to the city on another train line, and all was well, and I picked my car up at 3 am at my parents house and drove it home, put it in the garage, cut the fuel, autolocked it, locked the doors, and locked the garage!!

I was definately followed.

I was too pissed off/flustered to really concentrate on the situation, so I did not get the car models they were driving or the plates...I know, I could kill myslef. It was a dark colored non descript looking Buick and I think an older Saturn Sedan, silver in color. Dunellen is little be more south than these guys have been, so I am very worried now.

I will post a bit more about this when I remember more of the details, I am sure I left something out that I wanted to say.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

This is really getting ridiculous...I just put parts on my car so now I have to spend extra money to make sure no one steals it now...terrible.
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

My car = Fuel kill switch / Factory Alarm / The Club

Get an AutoLock. They rule!

-Jim

good way to be heads up about it...

alot of people are oblivious to things like that.

call the MTA and let them know and also see if you can have them get any info off the tapes. also couldnt hurt to let the local police know and give them a heads up.
    Vanitas vanitatum...et omnia vanitas

The authorities do not care. Auto theft in NJ is so bad they just do not care, hell, they have to be out hassling kids at the local 7-11 because they have unmatchin bumpers

Autolock is good, but I do not trust anthing to be honest with you. I have seen the autolock beaten many times, maybe a casual theif could not, but a pro would no problem.

-j
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

Joe,

Sorry to hear this. This sucks so friggin bad.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

I hate this thread
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Originally posted by PPMotorsports

-Jim
    This is what I am putting on my car.

http://www.neverstolen.com/ .

Check out the website. It looks like a great product. There are currently more than 3.5 million installations in the United States, Canada, Europe, Mexico and South America.

The Ravelco Antitheft Device is the ONLY product that can claim COMPLETE SUCCESS in preventing car theft. No other alarm system, antitheft device or vehicle tracking system can make that claim. NOT ONE VEHICLE STOLEN IN MORE THAN 28 YEARS!
    The Ravelco is the only antitheft device recognized in Mexico for an auto insurance discount. With over 29 million people in Mexico City alone and nearly 200 vehicles stolen per day, the people at CESVI Company should know what does and does not work when it comes to auto theft. No alarm, tracking system or any other antitheft device is approved in Mexico.
    This product will work with all existing security devices already installed. The only issue is that a car will not be able to be remote started unless it has the plug engaged.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

If anyone wants to be a guinea pig, they could park their car and pretend to board a train. Then when they approach the car we can box em in to the parking lot and basically... well lets just say there won't be enough to feed the fishes

-chris
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

North New Jersey, School at Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania (Rt 287, Rt 78, Rt 22, Rt 80)
    Hey dude, i live right by there. My car was stolen in Warren.

Be careful. They always come with two cars, its kinda scary, my car was gone in less then 10 min...
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

"I wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save its species" Fight Club

This freaks me out...that Ravelco thing looks good, but with 3.5Million installations and only 100,000 different plug combinations that means there are 35 people out there that have the same plugs....

But I don't see how someone couldn't just pry that thing out of your dash and put the two wires together, then hotwire it like usual....
    Pushin' a Honda but scoping the Scoobies.

Originally posted by scottigee
    This freaks me out...that Ravelco thing looks good, but with 3.5Million installations and only 100,000 different plug combinations that means there are 35 people out there that have the same plugs....

But I don't see how someone couldn't just pry that thing out of your dash and put the two wires together, then hotwire it like usual....
    I don't know. I think the Mexician theives would have tried that.
    -Brian

Originally posted by fengshui
    If anyone wants to be a guinea pig, they could park their car and pretend to board a train. Then when they approach the car we can box em in to the parking lot and basically... well lets just say there won't be enough to feed the fishes

-chris
    I'll bring the bats..
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

Originally posted by PPMotorsports

-Jim
    Autolock is good, but doesnt work.
    my car got stolen WITH the Autoloc, top of the line aftermarket alarm, every sensor, motion, shock, sound, two horns placed neatly, HIDDEN fuel cut off switch, kill switch, and oh yeah, the club.

still drove off with it -.-;;

if someone wants your car, they WILL get it if they have the chance.
    ------------
    AWDrifter
    ------------

What about the antitheft feature of the AccessPort? How many theives would carry a spare ECU or AccessPort with them?

-Eric-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.