My car ALMOST STOLEN AGAIN!!!! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on My car ALMOST STOLEN AGAIN!!!! within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; The antitheft feature on an AP is a joke. You can get around that very easily. As for carrying spare ...

The antitheft feature on an AP is a joke. You can get around that very easily.

As for carrying spare ECUs, they do carry them. Thats how they get S2000s.
    -z

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by AWDrifter21
    Autolock is good, but doesnt work.
    my car got stolen WITH the Autoloc, top of the line aftermarket alarm, every sensor, motion, shock, sound, two horns placed neatly, HIDDEN fuel cut off switch, kill switch, and oh yeah, the club.

still drove off with it -.-;;

if someone wants your car, they WILL get it if they have the chance.
    lambosv21

its really bad that just because kids get jealous of your car that nowadays they will mess with it....sucks that anyones car is never safe.....people have to stop hating...just because their car is slower

I know I'm bringing an old topic up from the depths, but when the stock alarm is on doesn't it cut the ignition? How to thieves get by that? Is there still another way to start the engine?

Quote Originally Posted by T-Will
    I know I'm bringing an old topic up from the depths, but when the stock alarm is on doesn't it cut the ignition? How to thieves get by that? Is there still another way to start the engine?
    There is always a way.....
    If you can find the wires and know what you're doing (I don't) you bypass switches, alarms, and the ignition core and connect them straight up.
    Or you can take out the battery and/or ECU and replace it with ones you conveniently brought with you and off you go.

And if you can't get it started many a car has just been hauled off on a flatbed....
    Pushin' a Honda but scoping the Scoobies.

Quote Originally Posted by scottigee
    If you can find the wires and know what you're doing (I don't) you bypass switches, alarms, and the ignition core and connect them straight up.
    Or you can take out the battery and/or ECU and replace it with ones you conveniently brought with you and off you go.

And if you can't get it started many a car has just been hauled off on a flatbed....
    Makes a case for a custom hack on the ECU wiring harness (hint, hint). My car can only be stolen by a flatbed. Even at whatever shop it may be taken to, my car can't be started without a ton of time, diagrams, and electronic skills.

-Eric-

Is there an easy way to disable The Club (or an imitation) from a WRX? Also, would you guys say parking garages are safer than parking on the street?

Is there an easy way to disable The Club (or an imitation) from a WRX? Also, would you guys say parking garages are safer than parking on the street?
    It takes seconds to saw through the streeting wheel and you can also spray the club with a gas to freeze it and break it. The thing is useless.

I would say in general garages are safer than streets but they can steal cars from anywhere they want.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

The only way to disable mine is to pull it from my hands as I'm beating who ever is messing with my car. Though I'm sure liquid nitrogen would work just as well on me.

-Eric-

for the garage vs streets question...
    You have to weigh the visibility of each location. Garages can have hidden corners that give thieves loads of time to work on the car. In cases like that your car is better off on the street where the thief is less likely to act where he can be seen.

Then again if you have a thief magnet with 19" BBS wheels, a big exhaust, custom paint, etc, etc then you may want to tuck it in the garage, but up front where there is an attendant or in view of a security camera.

Picking the best parking spot is a decision that must be made at each location based on your car and where you are.
    Pushin' a Honda but scoping the Scoobies.

Quote Originally Posted by scottigee

In our case, one need not have to do too much to disable the OEM security.
    A flat-head screw driver is all it'll take... No bypass switches, wires, whatever to locate.
    '03 WRX Wagon
    '99 Outback Sport
    '96 Impreza "Franken" L <- CoDriver
    http://TeamIAC.com
    http://race-sport.net
    http://racingbrake.com

According to this report of the top 25 stolen vehicles from 2002, the WRX isn't even in the top 25 in any state, the GT and Legacy are on there though. This makes me feel a little safer, but I'd like to see a more recent report from '03 or '04.

What year did the WRX come to the U.S.?

One other question, is there a fuse I could just pull out that would make it so the car can't start without it?
    Last edited by T-Will; 01-29-2005 at 09:14 AM.

Don't know if it's available in the States, but here is a list of the 4 (only these 4) immobilizer systems that are certified by the Insurance Board of Canada.

Autowatch 329ti
    Powerlock (www.powerlock.com)
    Mastergard M6000 (www.mastergard.com)
    Mastergard TK (www.mastergard.com)

The M6000 has 2^128 possible combinations... that's in the billions.

heres a site to make you guys happy

http://www.stickdeath.com/frameset.htm

then click on 2004 anti-auto theft devices

Enjoy!!

If a experienced thief wants you car they will get it, just park where theres a security camera, garage tenant etc.. a good security device will always help (time wise for experienced thiefs ) but your never 100% safe. sucks alot

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.