V1 fails but all is well.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on V1 fails but all is well. within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; My Valentine One had been acting "funny" for a few months. It wasn't chirping and beeping in it's normal fashion ...

V1 fails but all is well.

My Valentine One had been acting "funny" for a few months. It wasn't chirping and beeping in it's normal fashion - it seemed to be less sensitive than usual. Naturally, I procrastinated in doing anything about it, save experiment by unconnecting the hard wired installation and re-hooking it into the cigarette lighter socket. No change.

I was traveling on Alex-Bell going East, nearing Clyo; a notorious speed trap. The car in front of me braked as it approached the downslope, so I ignored the possible danger, and sped around the car.

I saw the cop traveling in the other direction, as my V1 went off. Thanks alot.

I debated speeding away and trying to hide, like a rat, but sighed and accepted my fate. The cop caught up with me 30 seconds later. Naturally, he asked the usual questions: "Do you know how fast you were going?" "Yes, 35." "Do you know how what the speed limit was there?" "Yes, 35." "Are you in a hurry?" "Yeah, I have a date with your wife" (actually, I grumbled something about getting home.) I get ticketed for 57 in a 35 zone. Before he left, he asked, "Do you have any questions?" I asked him if I could see the speed he clocked me at on his radar. He couldn't as he didn't "lock it in." (Why the **** not?) After his, IMO smarmy "Have a nice day", I was steaming.

A week later in the Kettering Court, I had planned to plea "not guilty", and try to leverage the fact that he couldn't/wouldn't show me my speed despite my request. Watching others before me have success, I changed my plea to "no contest". Apparently the paperwork hadn't made it to the Judge, who therefore, having to rule on the basis of the evidence before him - of which there was none - ruled "not guilty". I was happy.

I called Valentine to get my unit fixed, finally. Since they're near Cincinnati, I drove down and dropped it off. I picked it up the next day, with no charge for the fix. It now beeps and chirps merrily in passing Walgreens and CVS, and picks off cops before I see them.

All is well again.

Bill M.
    Last edited by billmclaugh; 07-15-2004 at 10:30 PM.
    2003 World Rally Blue WRX Wagon
    AccessPort - Stage 1 93 Oct.
    Fuzion ZRi tires
    Hardwired Valentine One / Lidatek LE-30
    XM Roady
    50% Tint

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Glad to hear you got out of the ticket. A broken V1 would be a bad day for me too,I can't drive without the thing.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

You lucky lucky man.
    At least it worked for you.
    Creeping up on creeping for a decade.
    Bugeye Mafia V2 #322

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.