Blitz DTT install
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Blitz DTT install within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I know i posted this before, but i cant find it.....I got my Blitz DTT in the mail today with ...

Blitz DTT install

I know i posted this before, but i cant find it.....I got my Blitz DTT in the mail today with the WRX harness. I have no experience doing anything like this. I am in the south jersey area and was wondering if anyone would be willing to show/teach me how to do this. I dont want to jack anything up. Ive heard it isnt too difficult, but the directions look a little over my head. Help would be much appreciated, and i'll buy ya a beer! Thanks
    <---------------------I dont have the sonic WRX anymore....decided it was time for an upgrade!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

North New Jersey, School at Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania (Rt 287, Rt 78, Rt 22, Rt 80)
    http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/sho...p?threadid=228

Are these the directions u looking at?

Edit: Im doing my install in the next few days...if i am succesful ill let u know. Also im under the drinking age and im not allowed to have beer
    Last edited by Jack; 06-24-2004 at 01:58 PM.
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

"I wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save its species" Fight Club

Yeah, its just a little over my head and i wouldnt trust myself to do this, haha. I am more than willing to help and learn with somebody that really knows how to do this. Just dont want to fly into this feeling uncomfortable.
    <---------------------I dont have the sonic WRX anymore....decided it was time for an upgrade!

Nobody?

i actually just installed my blitz fatt type x yesterday. it wasn't as hard as i thought it was. the hardest part for me (bein a newb and all) was figuring out where to ground. here's basically what i did:

1. disconnect the negative terminal of your battery. i'm not really sure if you need to do this, but i did it just in case.

2. then take out the underdash and clip the harness onto the BLUE clips underneath and to the right of the steering column.

3. find the keyless entry module above the fuse box to the left of the steering column. find the bundle of wires with like 15 or so wires bundled in it. cut the DARK GREEN with BLACK wire and tape it off. then rebundle the wires. DO NOT cut the light green with black wire. and make sure you cut the wire in the large bundle of wires going into the black keyless entry module. if the bundle has about 4 wires in it, it's the WRONG one. look higher up to find the right bundle. this should enable you to use your remote locks while the turbo timer is running.

4. take out the center console and find the security module. find the GRAY wire in the bundle connected to the module. cut and tape of the GRAY wire, then rebundle the wires. i believe this is only for a car with the factory alarm, which i have. maybe someone here can clarify. this will enable you to turn your alarm on while the turbo timer is running.

5. find the PINK wire connected to the passenger side of ebrake. it is hidden underneath the carpet, so you need to dig around. you need to splice the PINK wire with the PURPLE wire from the turbo timer. our turbo timers SHOULD have the same color wires. this will let the turbo timer kill the engine while it is running if the ebrake is released.

6. now for the grounding. i really had no clue where to ground, so i jus found a bolt underneathe the steering column and grounded both grounding wires there on the same bolt. hopefully someone can suggest a better place.

here are the instructions i used. def helped out a lot.

http://www.jameslking.com/awd/tt_boost.html

it also tells you how to test the turbo timer.

and that's pretty much it. i hope this helps. where in south jerz are you??

North New Jersey, School at Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania (Rt 287, Rt 78, Rt 22, Rt 80)
    Good instructions, you shoul;d send this to TAN so he can put it in with all the other "how dos"

Tom
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

"I wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save its species" Fight Club

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.