Long Island caravan to Colonial Park - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Long Island caravan to Colonial Park within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally posted by Cheveyboy lol, sounds good Josh... Ill get back to ya later on the PM you sent me... ...

Originally posted by Cheveyboy
    lol, sounds good Josh...

Ill get back to ya later on the PM you sent me... Thanks!

Are we going to meet at the parking lot of island 16, or someplace else i just dont understatand?
    I have never been to Island 16, so I dont know yet. In the next few days I will go there, and take some pictures so we can plan to meet in the same area -- then i'll post the pics so we all know where to meet.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sounds good, id take pictures for ya, but its to far away

For the Brooklyn Meet, how about you go to Exit 5 off the Belt Parkway (Bay Parkway exit)

Left the fork, down in to the mall with toys r us, modells, bestbuy, etc etc and meet us by the best buy.

SQC - 189

Quote Originally Posted by scooby-x
    hmmm I see a correlation between all those items... but wow man a hamster? I prefer gerbils my self cus you can keep a hold of their tail so they dont "get lost", ya know... hehe it tickles

If you are heading east on LIE get off @ nichols (83) south. Then make first right on side street, it will be on the right.
    Used to have stg4 wrx. stuck w/ stg0 srt4
    L.I.S.C #6

Have you guys figured out how you will be heading through NJ?

I'd like to meet up with you since you will be passing me and I have never been to the park.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

Originally posted by WRC_Obsessed
    Have you guys figured out how you will be heading through NJ?

I'd like to meet up with you since you will be passing me and I have never been to the park.
    I dunno, I think we're following those directions Shiju made.

But we're putting SE Racing in charge of that...so we'll let him figure that out.

Care to chime in, SE Racing?
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Josh,

I think I'll just drive to your house in LI.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

Shiju's directions take you on 440 which become 287 when you enter NJ.

I will find someplace on 287 if that works.
    -Brian

Originally posted by Trailboss
    I dunno, I think we're following those directions Shiju made.

But we're putting SE Racing in charge of that...so we'll let him figure that out.

Care to chime in, SE Racing?
    These are the directions I got from mapquest so I guess we're good:

Turn SLIGHT LEFT to take the RT-440 ramp toward OUTERBRIDGE CROSSING/NEW JERSEY. 0.2 miles

7: Merge onto NY-440 S. 5.9 miles

8: NY-440 S becomes I-287 N. 10.1 miles

9: Take the CR-527 N/EASTON AVE exit- exit number 10- toward S BOUND BROOK. 0.2 miles

10: Stay straight to go onto ramp. <0.1 miles

11: Merge onto CR-527 N/EASTON AVE. <0.1 miles

12: Turn LEFT onto DAVIDSON AVE. 0.8 miles Map

13: Turn RIGHT onto PIERCE ST. 0.5 miles

14: Turn LEFT onto CR-621/ELIZABETH AVE. 1.8 miles

15: Turn RIGHT onto COLONIAL DR. 1.2 miles

16: Turn RIGHT onto METTLERS RD. <0.1 miles

17: End at 150 METTLERS RD SOMERSET NJ
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

Brian,
    You're welcome to come here and spend the night before over if you want, since we have a guestroom, but I live about an hour out on Long Island...so thats pretty out of your way

Originally posted by Trailboss
    Brian,
    You're welcome to come here and spend the night before over if you want, since we have a guestroom, but I live about an hour out on Long Island...so thats pretty out of your way
    Thanks for the offer. I was just kidding, especially since I am going out with my gf for her b-day the night before.
    -Brian

if you mapquest the dir, it will send you through mettlars lane. there arent any street signs from that point! follow these and you should be set.

From Long Island:
    Take the Belt Parkway towards Staten Island.
    Take exit 3 or 4 for the Verrazano Narrows Bridge. The upper level is the preffered way b/c you will need to stay left after you pay your toll (EZPASS owns)
    Stay on SI expressway till you get to West Shore Expressway 440(think its exit 5).
    Take 440 west shore expressway to the Outerbridge Crossing ( should be exit 2)

Park and Ride is close to the bridge. Meet up with SI crew.

Go over bridge ( no toll ) stay left. 440 becomes 287 after the ramp for Nj turnpike.
    Take exit 10 for Easton Ave rt 527 south
    When you are taking exit 10 stay Left for 527 SOUTH
    Switch over to the Right lane afterward or you will go back onto 287.
    At the 2nd light make a Right onto Cedar Grove Lane.
    Stay on cedar grove for 2 miles.
    Make a Right onto Weston Road. ( small blue sign, hard to read, prob put a sign there)
    Make a Left at the next light which is Elizabeth ave.
    Make a Right at Colonial Park sign.
    Park and Ride is close to the bridge.
    See ya on the Parkway
    MODS

The earlier you guys can get there the better, we need to claim our space!!!!

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

I'll be at the exit before the OuterBridge at 9:45 or 10am. I'll meet up with John (SERacing) and the rest of the people who are meeting up as well. I'm taking my son with me and our mountain bikes. I figure I'll get some riding in while I'm out that day.

I'll see you guys then.

Peace,
    Joeyvaz

So Josh, have you driven past Island 16 yet and come up with a exact meeting place yet, so no one like my self will be waiting somewere else for everyone to show up?!?!

A picture is worth a thousand words lol

Get it... Picture....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.