car crash in the intersection of old keene mill/rolling road - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on car crash in the intersection of old keene mill/rolling road within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I'm a little against suing for honest accidents, but when you're DWI, all bets are off. Like everybody else said: ...

I'm a little against suing for honest accidents, but when you're DWI, all bets are off. Like everybody else said: Talk to a lawyer.

The silver lining on this cloud is maybe you get an STi out of it.

I just don't get DWI... My wife and I go out bar hopping all the time, and pay for a cab to drive us. Let's see: $15 for a cab ride, or jail/thousands of dollars/lawsuits if we drive and something happens. That's a hard choice, eh?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

SUE? NO QUESTION. Get one of those "accident" attorney sharks that advertise in the phone book. The ones who charge a hefty fee only if they win, but who win so much that you won't care.

Pain, suffering, negligence, etc. Sue this drunk hoe until she's sleeping at the Motel 6.

She made the decision to get into a car and start driving rocked off her skank a$$. Now it's time to make her suffer.

I don't like drunk drivers.

Sorry to hear about your accident and it sounds like you've gotten some good advice. My only suggestion is not to get a lawyer who is a "no fee unless you win". Sometimes their fees are really high, sometimes more than what you win. So if their fee is 150k and you only win 50k, you owe. I would suggest a lawyer who can give you a fee schedule for their services. I also believe that in maryland you can sue both the insurance carrier and the person. So you can sue the insurance company for damages to your car and body, and sue the person for heart ache and mental anguish over the loss of your car. I hate to say it but you should go for everything and anything you can, because you'll get far less than you ask for.
    RANGER on point
    2007 Protuned STi, 316awhp.

Originally posted by dsel
    SUE? NO QUESTION. Get one of those "accident" attorney sharks that advertise in the phone book. The ones who charge a hefty fee only if they win, but who win so much that you won't care.

Pain, suffering, negligence, etc. Sue this drunk hoe until she's sleeping at the Motel 6.

She made the decision to get into a car and start driving rocked off her skank a$$. Now it's time to make her suffer.

I don't like drunk drivers.
    damn you ruthless

Originally posted by highwaymrdr
    damn you ruthless
    And another thing...whether or not she gets prison time, you should sue for your friends, your injury and the pride of the fuji heavies who made that car with love and care.

Now Blah! Go git her!

Originally posted by LouieWRX
    Sorry to hear about your accident and it sounds like you've gotten some good advice. My only suggestion is not to get a lawyer who is a "no fee unless you win". Sometimes their fees are really high, sometimes more than what you win. So if their fee is 150k and you only win 50k, you owe. I would suggest a lawyer who can give you a fee schedule for their services. I also believe that in maryland you can sue both the insurance carrier and the person. So you can sue the insurance company for damages to your car and body, and sue the person for heart ache and mental anguish over the loss of your car. I hate to say it but you should go for everything and anything you can, because you'll get far less than you ask for.
    my lawyer is one of those .."dont get paid unless u get paid" lawyers but she takes a certain % of the money if i do get paid so i guess no worries about oweing lawyer money
    Last edited by Dooley; 06-21-2004 at 12:08 PM.
    *04' Black Pearl WRX Sedan*

**RISEN ONCE AGAIN**

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Again, be careful with that, because there is such a thing as partial performance, meaning that even if you did lose, you could still owe money for work owed by the attorney. They'll of course deny such a thing to your face, but you better believe that their time is never free. Check the contract/retainer agreement you signed with her.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12