Dragonsridge Raceway complex needs our help!

This is a discussion on Dragonsridge Raceway complex needs our help! within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; General info on the track: Dragonsridge Motorsports Park The owners of Dragonsridge approached Baskervill with a novel concept. Not only ...

Dragonsridge Raceway complex needs our help!

General info on the track:
    Dragonsridge Motorsports Park
    The owners of Dragonsridge approached Baskervill with a novel concept. Not only did they want to create a road course facility, but they wanted to create areas for the drivers and their family's to comfortably stay at the track.

The concept of a driver's village was developed to create themed villages where the lower floor would serve as the garage space and a comfortable but cozy second floor would serve as sleeping quarters for the weekend. These spaces could be rented or built to specifications. The villages would take design cues from a more genteel time and include British, Italian and German themed villages.

A commercial village on the main entrance road will include restaurants, retail, residential, offices, plazas and entertainment areas. These areas are accessible at all times to the general public to assist in the economic viability of the retail and restaurant areas. They are also conveniently accessible to the paddock and driver village area for quick meals and another roll of 200 mph racer's tape.
    Track Design:
    The design of a world-class road track is critical to the safety and the enjoyment of the driver. Both form and function are important aspects of the design. They are equally important in challenging the skills of the driver and providing flexibility for different types of racing formats.
    DragonsRidge Motorsports Park will feature a road track designed by Alan Wilson. Mr. Wilson has extensive experience in the design of road tracks over his 35 year association with motorsports. Mr Wilson has been involved with nearly all aspects of road racing from design and development to operation and management. More importantly, Mr. Wilson is a recognized track Safety Inspector. Therefore, our members can be assured that the road track at DragonsRidge Motorsports Park will be designed to today's strictest safety standards.

Presently, track plans include a road course of approximately two miles with sufficient width for passing (minimum of 36'). Wide run-off areas will surround the track for improved safety and minimized vehicle hazards. Designed and developed with the knowledge and experience of today's standards, DragonsRidge will meet the needs of both driver in terms of safety, challenge, and enjoyment. Whether you are racing at the limit or taking your car out for a casual drive, DragonsRidge Motorsports Park will be the track for you.
    The Park:
    DragonsRidge Motorsports Park is the newest motorsports park and resort being developed in Eastern Virginia. DragonsRidge’s primary attraction will be a competition-oriented road track available for the challenge and enjoyment of the professional and novice driver alike. Designed with today's standards, DragonsRidge is certain to be among the best motorsports parks on the east coast. As the park continues its growth, DragonsRidge will be eastern Virginia's venue for other motorsports events including autocross, race-karting, go-karting and car shows. In addition, planned resort amenities will include lodging, camping accommodations, eateries and shopping areas.
    It seems that some of the people in the county are trying to keep it from being built. From this Link it appears that it is still up in the air, and the final decision will be made on monday. Please send an email to help get it built!

From VMSC:
    I got the following from Greg Smith, Regional Exec of the Old Dominion Region of SCCA:

Well, I was 50% correct about DragonsRidge Motorsports Park in my last
    e-mail update to all of you. The New Kent County Planning Commission did
    voted 7-3 in favor of DragonsRidge's zoning request. However, that in
    itself did not guarantee the new race track's future existence. The New
    Kent County Board of Supervisors will vote on the zoning application at
    their new meeting on Tuesday, June 1st. The agenda for this meeting has not
    been published on the New Kent website (www.co.newkent.state.va.us), but I
    have been told that the meeting will be held in the New Kent County high
    school vice the court house due to the number of individuals expected to
    voice their opinion on this project. I will monitor the county's website
    and let you know when the agenda for this meeting is posted.

Meanwhile, opponents to DragonsRidge have mounted a negative e-mail blitz on
    the county's Board of Supervisors in an effort to convince the supervisors
    that there is widespread opposition to the addition of a "race track" in New
    Kent. I have provided a list of the county's supervisors and their e-mail
    addresses if you care to voice your support for DragonsRidge. Your message
    should be simple and to the point. Don't disparage the opposition - just
    voice your support.

Mark Hill (District 1), tarhill82@msn.com

Marty Sparks (District 2), martysparks@cox.net

James Burrell (District 3), burrelljh@aol.com

Stran Trout (District 4), strantrout@newkent.net

Ray Davis (District 5), wrdnk5@inna.net

Gary Christie (County Administrator), gfchristie@co.newkent.state.va.us

Any supporting e-mails will be appreciated and may help tip the balance in
    DragonsRidge's favor. Thanks!

Chuck Edwards
    The track will be 2.970 miles long. Here is the proposed layout:

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    AaronC,
    where do i vote "Yes" for the track ?

or send my opinion of "Yes" for the track?
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

You would need to send an email to the County Planners listed here:

Mark Hill (District 1), tarhill82@msn.com

Marty Sparks (District 2), martysparks@cox.net

James Burrell (District 3), burrelljh@aol.com

Stran Trout (District 4), strantrout@newkent.net

Ray Davis (District 5), wrdnk5@inna.net

Gary Christie (County Administrator), gfchristie@co.newkent.state.va.us

Thanks for helping!