sti insurance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on sti insurance within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; well...im getting ready to make a big step in my car life. I have a 99 civic ex i am ...

Question sti insurance

well...im getting ready to make a big step in my car life. I have a 99 civic ex i am selling and planning to buy a wrecked but fixable 04 sti. Does anyone know the insurance rates of sti's. I am 18 which i know will hurt me alot...but i have no previous offences...and this is a deal i just cant pass up!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

not sure what your rate will be, part of it will depend on your limits/deductibles/coverages you choose but shop around for the best deal- i've got mine through liberty mutual. good luck!

tan
    what state?

hey what up man, i am 17 and live in NY, i just got my insurance quote for a 04 STi and it was 6,700. I know its high but im still getting it.
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

That's insane... Please tell me this is for a 5 year policy or something. Your talking about almost 600 a month JUST for insurance. Wow... more power to you.

i live in ohio

DUDE! $6700...that is insane. Don't be a fool. An STi is an Awesome car...but wait until you get a bit older so you aren't getting bent over for the insurance. I live in VA - 23, married, and have 2 tickets that go away this year...I am paying $183 a month with USAA and got quoted $250 a month for an STi. This is ALOT to me, but when my tickets clear it will go down, not to mention 2 years until I am 25 and then rate will go down again. Also, having kiddies one day should help the rates too!

~ Joe
    2006 Aspen White STI

$6700 a year is INSANE! You have to shop around for insurance. I was quoted $1300/year full coverage for an STi. I pay only $1200/year for my WRX wagon.
    "People who believe they are acting with the mandate of God, who see others who don't share their beliefs as inferior in the eyes of God, make dangerous leaders. Just ask Osama Bin Laden." - Ron Reagan Jr.

Just curious but how much more is the insurance for the STi than the WRX? I would think the WRX is more since it is in the more affordable range (relatively speaking) for teens but I'm not sure. Anybody go from WRX to STi?

Affordablity has nothing to do with the pricing of insurance. Insurance rates have to do with a myriad of factors. Location of vehicle, type of vehicle, age of driver, credit rating of driver, driving record, safety options on vehicle, amount of deductible, et cetera. I am sure there are more variables involved that I didn't list. I would think, that since the price to replace an STi is about $7000+ more than a WRX (if totalled), it would be higher to insure an STi.
    "People who believe they are acting with the mandate of God, who see others who don't share their beliefs as inferior in the eyes of God, make dangerous leaders. Just ask Osama Bin Laden." - Ron Reagan Jr.

Good point. Anybody have actual numbers or good estimates?

My '02 WRX is $385 a month with USAA. Why bother asking a question like this on a forum, when you can get an instant quote from just about any insurance website? Obviously rates vary greatly depending on a whole slew of factors.
    Matt
    WRX-less, now RSX-y!!!

juss wonderin what everyone else was payin...and if my area it was higher. Id rather hear it from someone on hear than some insurance person who is gonna try to jack the price on me. Cause that is there job...

$250 a month for an STI.

age 22
    no tickets

190 a month through Farmers...26 no tickets

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast