Dc Sucks!!!!!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Dc Sucks!!!!! within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; So our esteemed mayor last month announced that he would basically tax drivers by installing enough speed and red light ...

Dc Sucks!!!!!

So our esteemed mayor last month announced that he would basically tax drivers by installing enough speed and red light cameras to collect $47 million in tax money.

I'm sorry ,but if you want to catch me, put a cop in a car and fu(king catch me. For the whole pathetic infuriating story, read below...

I am fuming

More spy cameras are on the way

By Matthew Cella and Arlo Wagner
    THE WASHINGTON TIMES

The D.C. government will double the number of photo-radar cameras, increase licensing and parking fees and enforce traffic laws more vigorously as part of a plan to raise non-tax revenue by nearly $47 million next year.
    A spokeswoman for AAA Mid-Atlantic, which has described the city's administration of the automated-enforcement program as a "shakedown," says the District has made some progress in addressing the organization's concerns. But the fact that the additional cameras were first brought to light in a budget document leads to questions about the city's motives.
    "It's completely backwards to let the dollars drive the decisions about public safety," says Deborah DeYoung. "Cameras do improve safety when they're used right. The only issue for us is whether this is a back-door route to a commuter tax the city couldn't get in the front door."
    Beginning today, police will write tickets to drivers caught speeding in the 600 block of Florida Avenue NE.
    Motorists' fines and fees are projected to raise $21 million as part of an overall plan to boost city revenue by nearly $47 million in fiscal 2005. The plan was outlined in a confidential report that Mayor Anthony A. Williams circulated among D.C. Council members last week.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wow, that sucks...
    I'd be freakin ticked if my county started pulling sh*t like that.

Good luck man
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

I'm getting one of those photo blockers for my license plate.

http://www.blockphotoradar.com/

I'll see how many days I can go before i get pulled over by the hardest working police at the mount pleasant 7-eleven.

By the way, I saw one of those anti-photo radar plates on a police car. I have no idea why

Hey, underneath "Taxation without representation" now you can add "Merciless harassment of motorists"

tan
    UK is 10x worse. Red light & Speeding cameras...and taxes for parking, driving during rush hour, etc....

At least the visitor parking of DC didn't fly too well (where you have to register your car with the police if you plan to park overnight....or get it ticketed and towed)

Mmmm...blockphotoradar. I like the idea of that spray.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    When I see crap like that it makes me want to
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

In the UK, they(the drivers) wear wigs so they can argue it in court. True 100%. Some of the best motoring vids are from UK and the driver will put on a hallweeen mask to go out ripping.
    still stock

Originally posted by neverendingmods
    In the UK, they(the drivers) wear wigs so they can argue it in court.
    In Germany, there have been at least a couple of instances that my inlaws told me about where people have shot at the cameras on the Frankfurt - Cologne autobahn (on the few parts with speed limits).

Problem is in DC, guns are illegal, so as you well know, no one has any.

Originally posted by dsel
    Problem is in DC, guns are illegal, so as you well know, no one has any.
    That is what makes it so safe!!! Especially SE.
    Aric
    '04 WRX SDN

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.