July 28, 2002: Multi-car meet at Burke Lake, VA and caravans
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on July 28, 2002: Multi-car meet at Burke Lake, VA and caravans within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Hey everyone. A group of Eclipse and RSX/Integra/Honda owners are getting together at Burke Lake Park on July 28th. Here's ...

Multi-car make meet

Hey everyone. A group of Eclipse and RSX/Integra/Honda owners are getting together at Burke Lake Park on July 28th. Here's the info Burke Lake meet

You all are invited if you'd like to go (I think there will be two WRX's there so far... but I'd like to see more there). If you want to meet up with any of the groups let them know. I know that I'll be at Blair H.S. and driving down to Tysons Corner before heading to the park.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have a WRX and would like to see some of the other locals- I live in Reston. Does anyone you know do the 1/8 mile drags near Manassas, or the 1/4s in Maryland?

Silver WRX Wagon w/ 5-speed.

Current Mods: AEM CAI, Tanabe Hypermedallion, Blitz DD Timer, TXS Bov, Greddy MBC (1.1 bar), Michelen Pilot Sports (17 in),

Coming Soon: MRT top-mount intercooler, anti-lift kit, GFB ud pulleys and a MRT down-pipe- with cat.

Personally I don't know anyone who does drag racing in VA or MD. But everytime I've gone to 75&80 I've seen at least 2 WRX's there if not a few more.

Will I see you out at Burke Lake on the 28th?

I hope so. I have to ghet "permission" from the wife. Not really, my "permission" came when she drove the car with the first round of up-grades. That "bought" me my 2nd round.

Great, I'll see you there. And you can bring her too ya know. There will be females (singles, wifes/girlfriends, etc) there too.

I'm interested...

I've dragged at capital raceway a couple of times, but never saw any other wrx's.

Cool, but quite a drive from Iceland. =) Let me know if you want to meet up with the caravan or just meet us there. It should be fun. I'll post a reminder as time gets closer.

yo

I'm interested.
    I have no mods though.
    By that time I hope to have some.
    Beastcivic. I live right next to silver spring.
    You got a wrx? or just a BEAST civic?

nah, traded in the civic for the WRX. I'll be the silver one with a roof rack (sedan).

Oh by the way, anyone know how cheap it is to get two little dimples pulled from your roof and how long they'd need my car. No painting needed. Thanks.

I might be able to make it. I should DEFINITELY have my car back by then!

-Jim

Originally posted by beastcivic
    Let me know if you want to meet up with the caravan or just meet us there. It should be fun. I'll post a reminder as time gets closer.
    I have no idea where burke lake is so i will want to join the caravan. Let me know when you decide what time you want to leave from Blair, and i will meet you guys there.
    Should i bring my own picnic lunch or is this going to be a cookout???

Originally posted by PlatinumWRX
    I might be able to make it. I should DEFINITELY have my car back by then!

-Jim
    Cool Jim, let me know if you need info on where to meet up.

Originally posted by SobeWRX

I have no idea where burke lake is so i will want to join the caravan. Let me know when you decide what time you want to leave from Blair, and i will meet you guys there.
    Should i bring my own picnic lunch or is this going to be a cookout???
    Ok, that works. I'll let you know what the time to meet up at Blair is. No need to bring food for yourself, but if you want to bring a 'picnic' type food that would be awesome. Pretty much everyone is pitching in on food. So let me know if you can bring some hamburgers or chips, etc. I'll try to get a list of what they might be low on and see if you can bring some along.

All,

My map program (DeLorme Street Atlas USA 7.0) found the location easily:

Burke Lake Park
    7315 Ox Road
    Fairfax Station, VA 22039

Apparently MapQuest can accurate locate the park as well.

beastcivic, I'll be driving straight to the park. Any idea when this is getting started (time)?

-Jim

Originally posted by PlatinumWRX
    beastcivic, I'll be driving straight to the park. Any idea when this is getting started (time)?

-Jim
    Looks like high noon for the 'start'. Although it might take a little for the bulk of people to roll in. So I'd say by 1pm EVERYONE will be there. Just my guess.

You're more than welcome to meet up with us either in MD (Silver Spring area) at Blair HS (I can get you directions or an address) at 11am or (I'm assuming your directions take you from I-495 to Rt. 123/Chainbridge Rd? If so we're meeting at the mall just down the street at 11:30 to caravan in to the park as a huge group (probably 15-20 cars). Just an option.

It'll be good to see a big WRX turn out.
    -Jim

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.