Big Kahuna's, Wilmington DE Every Thursday
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Big Kahuna's, Wilmington DE Every Thursday within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Hello all, Our car club, Faction Racing, is sponsoring a Tuner Night, every Thursday evening at Big Kahuna's in Wilmington ...

I Support ClubWRX

Big Kahuna's, Wilmington DE Every Thursday

Hello all,
    Our car club, Faction Racing, is sponsoring a Tuner Night, every Thursday evening at Big Kahuna's in Wilmington DE. If you are close to the area, please come out and participate in the events. The current schedule of events is posted here http://www.kahunaville.com/index2.htm

Just click on the Tuner Thursday icon, lower left side and it will take you to the site.

It's going to be a great summer at Kahunaville, with burnout night, trophy night, 4 bars, 3 kitchens, huge outdoor deck on the river, live music, and of course, great cars and lovely ladies to look at. You can pre-register or just register when you show up. If you do register, you'll get 20% off the menu items (not on alcohol...sorry). Make sure your car is clean and ready for a show and we'll be sure to give it a priority parking spot (inside, on the deck, on the lawn front entrance...you name it) so it can be seen front and center on TV. We expect hundreds of cars once it starts warming up, but come on out now anyways and meet the crew. Our sponsors include Heiniken, so the backing is there. Lots of swag to be had, t-shirts, etc. Contests and events will also include dyno day, teeter-totter (gotta see it to believe it) and of course 50-50 raffle tickets.

Hope to see you all there.

Scott
    Last edited by YBNormal07; 03-30-2004 at 12:45 PM.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hey, Scott, linky no worky

Sound good though, I may get a few buds together and show up.

--Jay--

I Support ClubWRX
    Jay,
    Thanks for the note. I fixed the link and edited the post. Hope to see you and some of your friends there!! It's still a small showing of less than 20 rides as of last week, be week expect that to increase to +100 by end of April.
    Scott
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

Sounds like fun. I'll pm you...once I have a car of course.
    04 STI
    FPGreen

cool...i was just there last thursday to see mr. greengenes....pretty good show...damn there's some uglies in DE...but, BUT the good ones that are there....

I'll be down with that...we should all roll in together.

-wYlie

Uglies? Did you make it in the door atleast? Was the deck open ? Oh well, 5 mind erasers and a 12 pack who cares. This meet they mix up old muscle cars and customs and from what I've seen(it's on t.v channel obscure) not many imports. Let alone Scooby's. I live 10 min away and interested parties can contact me for directions and nightlife there. HUGE club. It is nicknamed the meat market. Deck holds over 1500 people. If you have game, you will have a passenger leaving there.
    still stock

I Support ClubWRX
    Neverendingmods. The lack of imports is why we are doing the Tuner Thursdays. We want to ramp up the import/tuner scene at Big K's to the point where we can move to a weekend day/night and catch everyone when they don't have to work the next day. The TV show will now be including the import nights too, so you should be seeing more of them soon. In fact, that portion of the show will be hosted by Faction Racing's President, Larissa, and she can hold her own with the best of 'em on speed channel!

We usually role in around 6 to 6:30 PM, and hang until everyone leaves. If you get there before 8 PM, and there is still room left inside, we'll have you park your ride inside. Once it warms up and the deck gets opened up, that is where we'll all be aiming to park at. Directions are on the Big K site, but it's pretty easy. Just take the Martin Luther King exit off I-95, turn right if coming from the South, turn left if coming from the North, take the next right at the first light, then another quick right, follow the winding road until you see Big Kahunas on the left. It's next to the Crab Shack and also has a sign for the Red Room. Turn left into the drive, and when you get to the building, turn left at the small alley that runs to the Red Room. On your right will be an entrance to drive into the building. Someone will be there to direct your parking. Once that fills up, we'll be parking you in front of the building, in a coned off area to keep the average cars out.

Hope to see everyone there!!!

Scott
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

I Support ClubWRX
    Looks like it is raining all day today (April 1, 2004) , so probably won't be a good turnout. However, our club is having a meeting at Big Kahuna's tonight also, so if anyone wants to roll in for a meet & great, that would be greet. We are also interested in increasing our membership, so if your curious about our club, stop in tonight!!
    Scott
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

I Support ClubWRX
    Wasn't a bad showing last night, considering the weather. We had 18 cars show up and managed to park them all inside. 3 Spec V's, 2 STi's, one Mazda Speed Protege, 2 civics, 1 5.0 (friend of one of the tuners) 2 Integra Type R (1 turboed), 2 SRT4, 1 VW Golf, 1 Altima 3.5, 2 WRX (1 stage 3, 1 stage 4) and 1 Audi S4. Good smattering of the various makes and models. Seems like word is getting out. Lots of CF, some decent tunes were being played, and of course, everyone enjoyed 20% off Big K's great food!

I anticipate the next BIG Thursday to be April 15th. All of you scoobie owners need to come down and represent!! After that, things will be booming starting in May.

Cheers,
    Scott
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

Thumbs up

Woohoo! I can finally make an event or two.. Thursday nights are great for me, for now! I'll be there on the 15th perhaps - it is hard to get there from 6100 miles away.
    "People who believe they are acting with the mandate of God, who see others who don't share their beliefs as inferior in the eyes of God, make dangerous leaders. Just ask Osama Bin Laden." - Ron Reagan Jr.

I Support ClubWRX
    Great! Looking forward to seeing you there Photog. If your moniker represents your hobby or passion, please bring your camara. We are looking for a good auto photographer. Already have a great videographer.
    Scott
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

Considering I already work at nbc 10 as a videographer, I don't think you'll need two, unless you want the video recorded in broadcast quality format. Then again, I usually bring my digital still camera for events like this.
    "People who believe they are acting with the mandate of God, who see others who don't share their beliefs as inferior in the eyes of God, make dangerous leaders. Just ask Osama Bin Laden." - Ron Reagan Jr.

Kahunaville rocks I was there three weeks ago. They had the 1000hp fuzion supra, 11sec turbo type R (and yes it was a real type R), beautiful silver NSX, Full Spoon S2000 and a couple really nice scoobs. A couple of really hot chicks too. Once the weather starts cooperating it's really going to be huge. The guy who runs kahuna says he expects 400 cars on thursdays once things get rolling. I'll defintely be there!
    2002 Sedona red pearl WRX -SOLD
    2004 forester XT
    Toms Custom Detailing
    -Owner

Jay, are you rolling up there this thursday? (4/8/04)

Tom, are you going?

I am going to try and make it. My wife has something going on, but I'm trying to get her to change it!
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

Yeah, I think I'm gonna try and swing it this week, Andre. I just put the wheels on the Rex, she looks sweet. Just needs to be cleaned now

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast