speed traps in VA?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on speed traps in VA? within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I hope this isn't considered bad form- I apologize if it is. But I wanted to know where to watch ...

speed traps in VA?

I hope this isn't considered bad form- I apologize if it is. But I wanted to know where to watch out. I'm in Charlottesville but I'm on the road a lot, visiting family in D.C., Tennessee, Georgia, and North Carolina, and also going back and forth between c-ville and Richmond. I almost always see at least one vsp on 64 near Louisa and one between Richmond and Petersburg, on 85/95 right after you cross the river leaving town. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

tan

preciate that!

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    No detectors in VA
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Originally posted by josnroh
    No detectors in VA
    That's what the signs say, but I lived and commuted in Northern VA for 8 years with a detector. Never had a problem.

Your mileage may vary, of course.

exit 9 till you get to north carolina is not the best place to speed. i got an 86 in a 65, good thing i was using my radar dector otherwise it would have been well into teh 100's in a 65. If you use your radar dector and you get pulled over just put it under the seat that is all i did and had no troubles. Also be careful in SC about 6 exits from RT26 there are always a tone of staties.
    04' WRX Platinum Silver Metallic
    Xm Radio
    HKS SSQ BOV
    6 Months 13k later, still the same smile but a few more dents

Re: speed traps in VA?

My last ticket was given to me on 295, just after I'd gotten off 64 Westbound. There always seems to be at least one patrolman parked on the emergency cutoffs in the medians. Four lanes of highway make it feel like a speedway... I sure didn't feel like I was travelling at 86.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.