WRx Driver - Busted for Speeding
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRx Driver - Busted for Speeding within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Today at work, I witnessed a ('02 or '03) WRB WRX sedan get stopped for speeding in a school zone! ...

Exclamation WRx Driver - Busted for Speeding

Today at work, I witnessed a ('02 or '03) WRB WRX sedan get stopped for speeding in a school zone! Ouch! 32mph in a 15mph zone in NE Philly. The driver was a young Asian man who was on his way to school (albeit running late was his excuse to the State Police, who clocked him with radar. You can see his car at 4pm on NBC 10 news at 4. Just curious if he is on here too. The car was idling loudly. From what I saw, it had exhaust, and some dark tint! I know he received more than one ticket, but I don't think the second one was for tint. Good luck fighting those tickets dude.
    "People who believe they are acting with the mandate of God, who see others who don't share their beliefs as inferior in the eyes of God, make dangerous leaders. Just ask Osama Bin Laden." - Ron Reagan Jr.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

There was a video camera crew there or something?
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Channel 10 (NBC) news was there with their video camera.
    "People who believe they are acting with the mandate of God, who see others who don't share their beliefs as inferior in the eyes of God, make dangerous leaders. Just ask Osama Bin Laden." - Ron Reagan Jr.

Originally posted by photog72
    Channel 10 (NBC) news was there with their video camera.
    wow. slow news day in philly. Didn't someone kill someone? That's good tv news.

Let's just say, that was one story of many covered. I think the big news is that the "Real World" will be shot in Philly beginning next month. Oh, and some woman was shot today too.

I thought "Real World" bailed on Philly because of the unions

Check out Philly.com. According to the website, it is a done deal that RW is coming back. The unions screwed it up, and the mayor and governor worked to get them back, probably by placing a muzzle on some of the unions.

haha that kid should have watch the news in the morn they said the cops would be doin radar in the school zone of numerous schools...i was like glad i dont live in Philly...haha well that sucks for him though

Lightbulb

News or not, all he needed to do was look up at the BLINKING 15 mph school zone light. It isn't that hard to do, especially by a school.

The news was probably there because of the new crackdown on speeding through school zones. It's become enough of a problem that in the Philadelphia area that they've asked the state police to step in and help. Speeding in a school zone will net you "at least a fine of $104 and 3 points on your license". See the article .

News or not, all he needed to do was look up at the BLINKING 15 mph school zone light. It isn't that hard to do, especially by a school.
    Channel 10 NEWZ0WN3D !!!

-Jim

Originally posted by KwikSilvr
    The news was probably there because of the new crackdown on speeding through school zones. It's become enough of a problem that in the Philadelphia area that they've asked the state police to step in and help. Speeding in a school zone will net you "at least a fine of $104 and 3 points on your license". See the article .
    Good start. Now they need to crack down on running red lights, running stop signs, cutting off pedestrians, double parking in traffic, parking in moving lanes during rush hour, going the wrong way on one way streets, etc. I love N. Philly

If the traffic engineer morons would synchronize the lights, there may not be as much red light running. This is the worst city when it comes to city driving. The pedestrians need to learn to cross when THEY have the light or cross at crosswalks - jaywalking should be enforced too! As for your other complaints, I agree.

tan
    Originally posted by 2THFXR
    Good start. Now they need to crack down on running red lights, running stop signs, cutting off pedestrians, double parking in traffic, parking in moving lanes during rush hour, going the wrong way on one way streets, etc. I love N. Philly
    But we'll to have read the stupid posts on way the cops are busting moving violators instead of preventing crime, and stuff like that.

If the traffic engineer morons would synchronize the lights, there may not be as much red light running. This is the worst city when it comes to city driving. The pedestrians need to learn to cross when THEY have the light or cross at crosswalks - jaywalking should be enforced too! As for your other complaints, I agree.
    Chestnut & Walnut Sts are a good example of synchronized lights. They are synchronized....you'll hit every green light, provided you go the proper speed (about 25 to 30 mph) and constantly adjust your speed to make sure you hit every green light.

Rooselvelt Blvd...drive the right speed and occasionally hit a red light. There are some lights to have to literally do 100 mph before it turns red....

PennDOT engineers can only assume so much...they cannot compensate for people rushing to each traffic light.

Originally posted by tan
    Chestnut & Walnut Sts are a good example of synchronized lights. They are synchronized....you'll hit every green light, provided you go the proper speed (about 25 to 30 mph) and constantly adjust your speed to make sure you hit every green light.

Rooselvelt Blvd...drive the right speed and occasionally hit a red light. There are some lights to have to literally do 100 mph before it turns red....

PennDOT engineers can only assume so much...they cannot compensate for people rushing to each traffic light.
    Try City Line Ave. Forget getting through "cleanly" on that road. Broad St south of City Hall - two lights red, two lights green. what kind of engineer makes you waste so much gas? Then, all the malfunctioning traffic lights, lights that are out (City Ave and the Schuylkill lights were out for almost a week about a month ago), you name it. Compared to where I am from traffic engineers in this city have no clue.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.