WRx Driver - Busted for Speeding
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21

This is a discussion on WRx Driver - Busted for Speeding within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Today at work, I witnessed a ('02 or '03) WRB WRX sedan get stopped for speeding in a school zone! ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    141

    Exclamation WRx Driver - Busted for Speeding

    Today at work, I witnessed a ('02 or '03) WRB WRX sedan get stopped for speeding in a school zone! Ouch! 32mph in a 15mph zone in NE Philly. The driver was a young Asian man who was on his way to school (albeit running late was his excuse to the State Police, who clocked him with radar. You can see his car at 4pm on NBC 10 news at 4. Just curious if he is on here too. The car was idling loudly. From what I saw, it had exhaust, and some dark tint! I know he received more than one ticket, but I don't think the second one was for tint. Good luck fighting those tickets dude.
    "People who believe they are acting with the mandate of God, who see others who don't share their beliefs as inferior in the eyes of God, make dangerous leaders. Just ask Osama Bin Laden." - Ron Reagan Jr.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    13,128
    There was a video camera crew there or something?
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

  4. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    141
    Channel 10 (NBC) news was there with their video camera.
    "People who believe they are acting with the mandate of God, who see others who don't share their beliefs as inferior in the eyes of God, make dangerous leaders. Just ask Osama Bin Laden." - Ron Reagan Jr.

  5. #4
    Registered User dsel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chocolate City
    Posts
    3,769
    Originally posted by photog72
    Channel 10 (NBC) news was there with their video camera.
    wow. slow news day in philly. Didn't someone kill someone? That's good tv news.

  6. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    141
    Let's just say, that was one story of many covered. I think the big news is that the "Real World" will be shot in Philly beginning next month. Oh, and some woman was shot today too.
    "People who believe they are acting with the mandate of God, who see others who don't share their beliefs as inferior in the eyes of God, make dangerous leaders. Just ask Osama Bin Laden." - Ron Reagan Jr.

  7. #6
    Registered User 04blkWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NNJ
    Posts
    721
    I thought "Real World" bailed on Philly because of the unions

  8. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    141
    Check out Philly.com. According to the website, it is a done deal that RW is coming back. The unions screwed it up, and the mayor and governor worked to get them back, probably by placing a muzzle on some of the unions.
    "People who believe they are acting with the mandate of God, who see others who don't share their beliefs as inferior in the eyes of God, make dangerous leaders. Just ask Osama Bin Laden." - Ron Reagan Jr.

  9. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    30
    haha that kid should have watch the news in the morn they said the cops would be doin radar in the school zone of numerous schools...i was like glad i dont live in Philly...haha well that sucks for him though

  10. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    141

    Lightbulb

    News or not, all he needed to do was look up at the BLINKING 15 mph school zone light. It isn't that hard to do, especially by a school.
    "People who believe they are acting with the mandate of God, who see others who don't share their beliefs as inferior in the eyes of God, make dangerous leaders. Just ask Osama Bin Laden." - Ron Reagan Jr.

  11. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8
    The news was probably there because of the new crackdown on speeding through school zones. It's become enough of a problem that in the Philadelphia area that they've asked the state police to step in and help. Speeding in a school zone will net you "at least a fine of $104 and 3 points on your license". See the article .

  12. #11

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Langhorne, PA
    Posts
    1,078
    Originally posted by photog72
    News or not, all he needed to do was look up at the BLINKING 15 mph school zone light. It isn't that hard to do, especially by a school.
    Channel 10 NEWZ0WN3D !!!

    -Jim

  13. #12
    Registered User 2THFXR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    95
    Originally posted by KwikSilvr
    The news was probably there because of the new crackdown on speeding through school zones. It's become enough of a problem that in the Philadelphia area that they've asked the state police to step in and help. Speeding in a school zone will net you "at least a fine of $104 and 3 points on your license". See the article .
    Good start. Now they need to crack down on running red lights, running stop signs, cutting off pedestrians, double parking in traffic, parking in moving lanes during rush hour, going the wrong way on one way streets, etc. I love N. Philly

  14. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    141
    If the traffic engineer morons would synchronize the lights, there may not be as much red light running. This is the worst city when it comes to city driving. The pedestrians need to learn to cross when THEY have the light or cross at crosswalks - jaywalking should be enforced too! As for your other complaints, I agree.
    "People who believe they are acting with the mandate of God, who see others who don't share their beliefs as inferior in the eyes of God, make dangerous leaders. Just ask Osama Bin Laden." - Ron Reagan Jr.

  15. #14
    tan
    tan is offline
    Thinking Man's Engine tan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Wharton, NJ
    Posts
    3,014
    Originally posted by 2THFXR
    Good start. Now they need to crack down on running red lights, running stop signs, cutting off pedestrians, double parking in traffic, parking in moving lanes during rush hour, going the wrong way on one way streets, etc. I love N. Philly
    But we'll to have read the stupid posts on way the cops are busting moving violators instead of preventing crime, and stuff like that.


    Originally posted by photog72
    If the traffic engineer morons would synchronize the lights, there may not be as much red light running. This is the worst city when it comes to city driving. The pedestrians need to learn to cross when THEY have the light or cross at crosswalks - jaywalking should be enforced too! As for your other complaints, I agree.
    Chestnut & Walnut Sts are a good example of synchronized lights. They are synchronized....you'll hit every green light, provided you go the proper speed (about 25 to 30 mph) and constantly adjust your speed to make sure you hit every green light.

    Rooselvelt Blvd...drive the right speed and occasionally hit a red light. There are some lights to have to literally do 100 mph before it turns red....

    PennDOT engineers can only assume so much...they cannot compensate for people rushing to each traffic light.

  16. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    141
    Originally posted by tan
    Chestnut & Walnut Sts are a good example of synchronized lights. They are synchronized....you'll hit every green light, provided you go the proper speed (about 25 to 30 mph) and constantly adjust your speed to make sure you hit every green light.

    Rooselvelt Blvd...drive the right speed and occasionally hit a red light. There are some lights to have to literally do 100 mph before it turns red....

    PennDOT engineers can only assume so much...they cannot compensate for people rushing to each traffic light.
    Try City Line Ave. Forget getting through "cleanly" on that road. Broad St south of City Hall - two lights red, two lights green. what kind of engineer makes you waste so much gas? Then, all the malfunctioning traffic lights, lights that are out (City Ave and the Schuylkill lights were out for almost a week about a month ago), you name it. Compared to where I am from traffic engineers in this city have no clue.
    "People who believe they are acting with the mandate of God, who see others who don't share their beliefs as inferior in the eyes of God, make dangerous leaders. Just ask Osama Bin Laden." - Ron Reagan Jr.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •