WRx Driver - Busted for Speeding - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on WRx Driver - Busted for Speeding within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Broad Street around City hall... City Ave.... Market Street...around city hall... Washington Ave, around the Italian Market... They all tend ...

tan
    Broad Street around City hall...

City Ave....

Market Street...around city hall...

Washington Ave, around the Italian Market...

They all tend to have heavy volume as well, not because of the traffic lights...just because there is so many people driving in the area.

Back when I lived in Philly or the burbs...I usually take public transportation and/or walked everywhere.

It is not easy to account for the largest variable -- Humans. They have to make some sort of estimation based on historical numbers.

Look at I95, the Vine expressway, Schuylkill expressway, Blue Route, Turnpike....why during rush hour they are so jammed up? You have so many people driving during those times.

Certain areas of the city and surrounding burbs, you have so many cars driving in that area, due to the sheer volume of cars, you can't make everyone happy.

Also...knowing what alternative roads to take helps tremedously....to avoid the conjested main arteries.

NYC is just as bad or worse than Philly.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I wasn't complaining about the way the engineer's built the city. I was stating the fact that people blatantly disregard pretty much any traffic law. Laws are laws no matter how many stop lights you hit. Growing up in LA, you get nailed for little things like rolling stops at a stop sign, jaywalking, doubleparking, etc. Philly, in general, is pretty bad when it comes to enforcing these infractions but it seems to be especially bad in N. Philly. Trust me, I understand that cops have much bigger fish to catch but I think they need to at least make an effort to let people know that it's not a free for all. That's all I'm saying. I wasn't trying to offend any engineers! I'm just frustrated trying to drive courteously while everybody around me treats me as if I were invisible.

Exclamation

Agreed! In this city more than others I have either lived in, or visited - people tend to ignore the laws of the road. Not only that, speeding in this city is rampant. I guess that is because the only law enforcement agency allowed to operate radar or laser is the Penna State Police. Have you ever seen Philly police operate radar? Not since I moved to the area have I seen it. I think the only ways they can tag you are by VASCAR and pacing. Then again, where is there the space to pull someone over, especially on the Schuylkill Expressway? Just the other day there was a bad wreck on the road that involved a police officer who had pulled over a vehicle, and was hit while on the side of the road.
    "People who believe they are acting with the mandate of God, who see others who don't share their beliefs as inferior in the eyes of God, make dangerous leaders. Just ask Osama Bin Laden." - Ron Reagan Jr.

tan
    I used to commute on the Schuylkill...horrible on the left knee going westbound in the morning.

I suggest Rte 23 as an alternate route. It parallels it to the Schuykill Expressway. Saves me a lot of headaches...and some twists and turns in there...
    Last edited by tan; 03-29-2004 at 09:09 PM.

The Schuylkill is horrible eastbound too in the morning. People coming from the suburbs to C City. I do like 23 when it is empty. It can be a fun road to drive!
    "People who believe they are acting with the mandate of God, who see others who don't share their beliefs as inferior in the eyes of God, make dangerous leaders. Just ask Osama Bin Laden." - Ron Reagan Jr.

Originally posted by photog72
    News or not, all he needed to do was look up at the BLINKING 15 mph school zone light. It isn't that hard to do, especially by a school.
    Maybe he was busy checking out the jailbait.
    Chris
    1999 Impreza RS - 12.096 @ 114.63
    2002 WRX - 12.602 @ 111.08
    1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - 11 second scrap pile - SOLD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12