Ford F150 = 1 Me= 0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Ford F150 = 1 Me= 0 within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Some stupid broad driving an F150 creamed my driverside rear the other night . It was like a nightmare, I ...

Ford F150 = 1 Me= 0

Some stupid broad driving an F150 creamed my driverside rear the other night . It was like a nightmare, I just couldn't believe it happened. The worst part is that the insurance company say it may have been my fault .

I was at bar the other night and it happened as I was leaving. I was getting ready to back out of a spot when I noticed this truck stopped down the drive to my left. It was about 35ft away and not moving. So I looked over my other shoulder and proceeded to start to back out. For some reason the lady not only decided to proceed forward at this point, but she actually tried to go around between me and the other row of parked cars, clipping my car in the process. The insurance company said that even if she was stopped she still had the right away in the lane of traffic . I think this is all personally and I just wanna snap. So if you even need a new front end and don't wanna pay for it, go to your nearest parking lot, let someone back out of a parking space and then before they are all the way out, slam you car into them. Stupid B!tch

--Jay--
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dsc00365.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

another one
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dsc00367.jpg  

last one or I'm gonna puke I can't even stand to look at my car now. I was even gonna put on my wheels this weekend
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dsc00368.jpg  

BTW, we can start taking bets on how much everyone thinks it will cost to be fixed. I'm taking it to get an estimate right now but, I'd be interested to see how much you all think it will cost.

--Jay--

> $1k

< $2k

More than $2,000.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Since you were at a bar, you must be at fault.

Seriously, though, there's a duty to avoid a collision. If she was indeed stopped, and then tried to squeeze around you, that's in kind of a gray area. Who's insurance told you she wasn't at fault? Her's?

Sorry about your car. I'm partial to silver (that's mine on the left), and hate to see them get bent like that.
    02 WRX Sedan, Silver ("Bugeye")
    TXS Up-pipe, Turbo-back w/cat, Cobb AccessECU Stage 2.
    97 Legacy Outback, White
    Stock. Very stock.

Well, after the estimate, the damage total right now is $1472 w/ labor and all of the other BS charges. I was actually thinking about $1500 myself. But at the same time, it could be moreonce they start tearing into it (I hate using those kind of word when talking about my baby )

As for the accident itself, it was ruled a 50/50 case, my insurance takes care of mine and her takes care of her. I still think she was at the most fault for being impatient and trying to go around me, but I guess the insurance co.'s didn't see it that way

BTW, she was also leaving the bar. The bar had it's own parking lot. I had three beers over a 4 hr period, I have no clue how much she had to drink. My opinion after what she did, she had too much to drink . Hopefully she didn't kill anybody on the way home. Also, police wouldn't respond, private property Only way the police would respond is if the establishments' owner or manager calls. With 300 hundred drunk people leaving their bar, they aren't gonna call em

--Jay--

Well, at least your insurance company is taking care of you. Hopefully, your rates won't go up.

I hit a guardrail a while back and they had to bang a dent out of my fender and paint the whole passenger side of the car. That cost $1k, so I figured this would be a little more to replace the light, etc.

Maybe I should go into the business of estimations

I am sure your baby will come back looking like new.

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Damn Trucks. Then she drives it like she had a mini.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

you should be able to get that pushed out... im going with $1250

SQC - 189

Quote Originally Posted by scooby-x
    hmmm I see a correlation between all those items... but wow man a hamster? I prefer gerbils my self cus you can keep a hold of their tail so they dont "get lost", ya know... hehe it tickles

That is a very reasonable estimate you got. Did you get to choose what body shop? Make sure they blend the paint alot further around than just dented area. Having a gouge taken out of my hood cost $585 out of pocket and they blended the bumper and half of each fender just so it all looked excellent. I feel your pain and am drinking a beer for you . Let us know how it turns out. Also, If not happy with how car turned out repair wise,meaning paint matching etc, leave it and demand it to be redone. You should not be able to tell when completed. Remember to check for water leaking into trunk area. Take it to a high pressure do-it-yourself carwash and remove the trunk carpeting and look for water in trunk and in that left light housing after spraying down trunk well. This is all the possible things to look out for in your case. It's not too bad but the damage to quarter and light raises a " water" flag to me. I know a great shop. Gonna be a little more though if you need there #. I can't find the # but it's brandywine autobody on old capital trail by Prices corner. Did my car, sister's gen 3 rx-7 and bro in law's REX. Always top work. Ask for Gary the Owner.

Good luck
    still stock

Was the broad hot? Under $1500 is good for the damage I could see from the pics. When I got rear ened twice, all that was visible was my torn bumper and a bent quarter panel (see website for pics). My damages were about $2500.
    '03 WRX wagon
    '97 Civic EX supercharged
    Beechjet 400A and Hawker 800 driver

Unfortunately, she wasn't hot. She was one of those petite but manly fireman chicks, tomboy all the way (not to say that there aren't any good looking fireman chicks, I just haven't met any that were yet). The shop I'm taking it to is called Master Tech. My insurance company recommended this shop. I don't know, we'll see. I'm still a pretty pissed about the whole thing, it's a brand, new car for christ sakes ! My wheels, uppipe and downpipe are just sitting in my room now and will be there for another few weeks. I so wanted to put atleast the wheels on but that is just another thing I would have to worry about while it is sitting with stranger in their parking lots over night. I seen the Matt Slap photos of that poor STI, I don't need that headache on top of this. Plus I know accident happen, but having wheels on a busted a$$ car I think bring the damage out much more. I went from almost having one of the hottest 04 WRX in DE to having the beatest

--Jay--
    Last edited by 04silver bullet; 03-21-2004 at 11:00 AM.

Holy P@ss, Wavoff, you were rear-ended twice within two weeks ?? Damn!! I'm glad no one was hurt in either of them. Did they fix your car to where you couldn't tell it happened? I know in serious accidents, the driver usually can always tell. I had been in two of them in my truck, one deer and one cavalier, both em' lost. It was lifted and the deer didn't really do any damage. It was the wood's I ran into off the road after running over the deer and loosing control of the truck. Poor deer was like a speed bump. But anyway, is this still the same for minor fender benders? I find it hard to believe that a good body shop cannot repair cars involved in minor accidents to the point that you can't tell.

--Jay--

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast