Mountain Biking in VA/DC/MD area
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Mountain Biking in VA/DC/MD area within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Anyone looking to get a group together to ride... either offroad or trail, etc. Let me know....

Mountain Biking in VA/DC/MD area

Anyone looking to get a group together to ride... either offroad or trail, etc. Let me know.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ive been thinking about getting into mountain biking. a bunch of my co-workers go twice a week. I've been researching bikes for about 2 weeks. when/if i get one i would be interested.

I live in Takoma park, probably not far from you beast

Sweet, yeah, not far at all... 5 miles maybe? Definately let me know.

What have you narrowed the choices down to? (I personally LOVE Gary Fishers, due to my body shape/type)

I've got a '94 Fisher Montare with a cheap (entry level) Manitou shock (aftermarket).

My brother lives in your area and he goes on group rides almost every other weekend. If you want, I can send you his email.
    2002 Platinum Silver Rex

Sure, wouldn't hurt to have it as an option.

Oh yeah, might help if you had mine to send his to. beastcivic@yahoo.com

Is he 'hard core' or just rides for fun. I'm hardly at a fitness level to do anything too serious right now.

Still not really sure, i will probably end up getting a K2, but i haven't made up my mind.

do you ever hang out at barnes&Nolbe's or any of those places where all the ricers hang out????

I stop by once in a while but haven't really seen any other rex's

Originally posted by SobeWRX
    do you ever hang out at barnes&Nolbe's or any of those places where all the ricers hang out????

I stop by once in a while but haven't really seen any other rex's
    I might drive by to get money from the bank or stop to make a phone call (since my service craps out closer to my house), but never hung out there. I saw a blue WRX the other day (thursday). If we could get a descent showing of WRX's I'd be interested in hanging out there a night or two a week.

Beastcivic,
    He is pretty hardcore. He is actually doing the "24 Hours of Snoeshoe" bike ride, so he is gonna be humpin it up and down a ski run for 24 hours. Is that hardcore? Of, course, it is a team thing, so he only has to ride for eight hours.
    2002 Platinum Silver Rex

Ugh, yeah... way beyond me (at least at this point). Maybe a few years ago that was my level. But now I'm totally out of shape. Might as well leave him alone. I'd only slow down the pack. Thanks though.

Hey Beastcivic,
    I live in the Kensington/SS area and I ride at least once a week. I usually do a weekly ride at Shaffer Farm or in Baltimore but I sometimes ride up in Frederick too. If you get a group together let me know. I used to ride a Fisher (AL-1 with manitou2 and Ti everything, I loved that bike).
    --
    peterg@mindspring.com

I'll definately let you know. Where is Shaffer Farm? And why do you go all the way to b'more to ride when you' live in Kensington?

Shaffer Farm is a mountain biking area built by MTBs that has several different loops of non-techniqual singletrack (nice and fast though). It is in Germantown. Baltimore has many miles of moderately techiqual singletrack. Frederick has many miles of moderate to extreme riding so it depends on what you feel like. I do not know of anyplace closer than Shaffer Farms (except Seneca Park).

str
    I'm a mountain biking fool! I ride about 3 times per week. I usually ride in Fair Hill Maryland which is just outside Delaware. If anyone wants to ride there soon, drop me a line at str27@comcast.net. It's my favorite hobby!! If you guys plan a ride near Baltimore or DC, let me know, it would only take me about 2 hours to get down there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast