Maybe will move to Ohio.

This is a discussion on Maybe will move to Ohio. within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I got a job opportunity in Solon, Ohio and maybe will move. How are the roads look like in Ohio? ...

Maybe will move to Ohio.

I got a job opportunity in Solon, Ohio and maybe will move. How are the roads look like in Ohio? I have set of 235/45-17 Toyo TS-1 summer tires, they are good on the wet road but terrible on snow and ice.

Do I have to install back the stock set?

And another question about windows tinting. I got 20% around included WINDSHIELD about 5 inches what is LEGAL in sunny Arizona.
    Can I drive my rex without a problem if I will keep my Arizona license plate and DL?

2003 WRX silver

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

2003 WRX silver

Hi there SpeedMaster. I live just south of Solon in Twinsburg. If you're thinking of moving here you might want to invest in some good snow tires. I'm running LM-22's now. I had the stock RE92's on for my first winter. They were OK, not great, but nothing like the Blizzaks. Around the end of March I'll put my S-03's back on.

We have four seasons here: almost winter, winter, almost over, and construction. The potholes are getting pretty bad now. All they can do is cold patch them until the weather gets better.

I'm pretty sure the legal tint is 50% all around except for the windshield. There's a thread in Exterior and Appearance . You could try searching there.
    "The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts... attitudes... prejudices. To be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill, and suspicion can destroy, and the thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all its own for the children, and the children yet unborn. And the pity of it is that these things cannot be confined to The Twilight Zone."

Best Regards,
    Ah Clem

Ah Clem, thanks for replay!
    I'm not planing to buy snow tires, because gust 1 month left until winter is over, and I do not know how long I will stay in the Solon. Maybe year or two.
    My wife will be in Arizona, and I going to keep Arizona's registration, DL, address etc.

But how the cops will look at my car and windows tinting? Even if I'm temporarily here?

It's sounds not very nice to tear off the expensive film and after year or two tint them again, because it's impassible to drive a car without the windows tinting here, in Arizona.

So, which set of tires do you recommend take to Ohio? The stock set or the summer set?
    I planing to go about end of next week.
    2003 WRX silver

I moved up to Pennsylvania from Florida. I, too kept my original license plate, registration, and DL (I still have a condo in Florida). Florida has no emissions and safety inspections. But, from what I can tell, states have to honor the legality of a car registered in another state. Meaning, if your tint is legal in AZ, but you are visiting OH, it shouldn't be a problem. I will be getting my windows tinted to the limits of Florida, not PA. Then again, I drive down to Florida a few times a year. And, Ah Clem, we have bad pothole problems here too.
    "People who believe they are acting with the mandate of God, who see others who don't share their beliefs as inferior in the eyes of God, make dangerous leaders. Just ask Osama Bin Laden." - Ron Reagan Jr.

little hijack, how are you liking the toyo t1s tires?
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

Originally posted by Snowvert
    how are you liking the toyo t1s tires?

with the greatest pleasure
    Last edited by SpeedMaster; 02-11-2004 at 10:33 AM.
    2003 WRX silver

I Support ClubWRX
    Coming next week? You better bring the stockers. It snows here in April occasionally and rarely in May. You'll surely get a few more snows of several inches yet this year in Solon, which is in or near the smow belt. Plus, with the roads falling to pieces like they are now, you will REALLY appreciate the higher profile tires.

I'm about 40 miles west of Solon in Clevelands far west 'burbs.

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...
    Bugeye Mafia #338

solon is near cleve? hmm, I thought it was somewhere else. but ya, snow is still here. cold? yep! plenty of that too.

thanks for the info on the tires.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

Yeah, ditto what smorris said. Better bring the stock tires.

Come to think of it, I put my summer set on in mid-March last year and that was too soon. We had a light dusting of snow and I was freaking out. I think I'll wait till April this year.
    "The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts... attitudes... prejudices. To be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill, and suspicion can destroy, and the thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all its own for the children, and the children yet unborn. And the pity of it is that these things cannot be confined to The Twilight Zone."

Best Regards,
    Ah Clem

Yeah, my father lives in Solon. So if you're wondering where it is, it's near me. LOL

Keep us updated on your plans, we hold monthly meets for that area, so you can be warmly welcomed by a awesome crowd of Suby's/Mitsu's and any other car. All I can say is, this summer... is...going....to...be...off...the...chain... Trust me, the car crowd out here (smorris, ah clem, etc) are awesome people to know and talk to. You'll find yourself right at home
    -Ryan |Dub-Yuh Our Ex Ess Tee Eye| My Car

Originally posted by RLsChMiDt
    Keep us updated on your plans
    Sure! When we will come to terms about my salary (If we will ), I'll grab my Rex and go.
    It's will be cool to see you guys!

Thanks everybody for very useful advises!
    2003 WRX silver