Mid-Ohio adds Xtreme Tuner Triple Crown Challenge
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Mid-Ohio adds Xtreme Tuner Triple Crown Challenge within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I just got a mailer from Mid-Ohio that an event had been added to my season pass. It is the ...

I Support ClubWRX

Thumbs up Mid-Ohio adds Xtreme Tuner Triple Crown Challenge

I just got a mailer from Mid-Ohio that an event had been added to my season pass. It is the Xtreme Tuner Triple Crown Challenge to be held August 21/22.

"This event features a competition both on and off the track with cars similar to those made famous in the movie 'The Fast and the Furious.'"

Competition is head-to-head in three categories; Speed, Style, and Sound - with the overall winner crowned King (or Queen) of the Streets.

Sanctioned and judged by National Custom Car Association and International audio Sound Challenge Association. Plus NASA on track racing events!

Sounds like HIN at the track. This is not on Mid-Ohio's web site yet, but watch www.midohio.com for more details.

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...
    Bugeye Mafia #338

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

recipe for disaster

I Support ClubWRX
    All the more reason to go and watch the carnage!

I used to keep my boat at a marina across from the public ramps at a state park on Indian Lake here in Ohio. This is a really shallow lake, and when a storm comes or the wind picks up, it gets bad in a hurry.

Whenever a bad storm was coming, I'd put my boat away, sit inside with the cooler, and watch the disaster of 8 side-by-side boat ramps with panicing people trying to load boats.

I picture XTTCC to be something like that! (I actually don't think the public will be allowed on the track at speed. But one can always hope!)

The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...
    Bugeye Mafia #338

alrgiht, there DEFINETLY needs to be an Ohio WRX meet at mid-ohio during this event. smorris you in?
    --Jason-- 2004 MT WRB WRX
    Cobb Stage 2 more goodies:
    STi SS | Blitz SUS | Samco IC Hoses | Perrin Rear Sway Bar and Endlinks | Eibach's | Steel Gray Rota Downshifts | Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's | Blitz DTT-DC2 | Phatty-Ass System

"This is my WRX. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My WRX is my best friend. It is my life. I must master my WRX as I must master my life. Without me, my WRX is useless. Without my WRX, I am useless."

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by Shibby
    alrgiht, there DEFINETLY needs to be an Ohio WRX meet at mid-ohio during this event. smorris you in?
    I arranged on last year at the Saturday night Grand-Am race. You know how many showed up from here, NAISIOC, LERSOC, etc? Me and one other guy! (Sorry, I forget the name... ) Lots of other guys that I talked to, but none hung out on any forums.

Here's some pics:

http://www.morrisgarage.com/wrx/mo

Click for bigger photos. That's me with the SWRT flag.
    [edit: It was Vman. I had to go look at my own pictures to find out]

Oh, yea, in answer to your original question; Yep, I'll be there. I have two season tickets, and plan to attend everything except probably vintage bikes.
    Last edited by smorris; 02-03-2004 at 04:44 PM.

The Morris Garage
    Bugeye Mafia #338

Hey sounds like a good time... count me in if we are having a meet there
    All show and no go . . .
    Your car looks fast, but why's it so slo.

2002 WR blue WRX (RIP)
    2001 Imola Red BMW M Coupe (sold... )

You KNOW i'm always game for a meet. Hopefully I'll be in town for this mid-ohio meet
    -Ryan |Dub-Yuh Our Ex Ess Tee Eye| My Car

I Support ClubWRX
    You guys want to plan something this early? There are several great events this year. ALMS (YAY!!!!) Grand-Am, this new XTTCC, and rumors of an open-seater (CART/OWRS/IRL?). Plus AMA SuperBikes, Vintage racing, vintage bikes, and the SCCA Runoffs.

Should I post a poll with dates, or wait a bit?

The Morris Garage
    Bugeye Mafia #338

If its not a race weekend, I may come up.

Originally posted by smorris
    Should I post a poll with dates, or wait a bit?
    I think it'd be an awesome oppurtunity for the Ohio state meet... what do you think?

Post a poll...
    -Ryan |Dub-Yuh Our Ex Ess Tee Eye| My Car

I Support ClubWRX
    Hey guys, I haven't forgotten about this poll. I've contacted Mid-Ohio to see if the USTCC events April 2-4 and August 20-22 are open to the public. I've also contacted current USTCC champion, Subaru driver, and clubWRX.net member Gary Sheehan to see if he will be attending the USTCC events at Mid-Ohio. If so, maybe we can attend and get a behind the scenes view of professional Subaru racing.

Once I hear back, I'll put together a poll. Maybe we can have two big M-O events, although I know several of us attend the whole season.

The Morris Garage
    Bugeye Mafia #338

Sounds good
    All show and no go . . .
    Your car looks fast, but why's it so slo.

2002 WR blue WRX (RIP)
    2001 Imola Red BMW M Coupe (sold... )

Originally posted by smorris
    I arranged on last year at the Saturday night Grand-Am race. You know how many showed up from here, NAISIOC, LERSOC, etc? Me and one other guy! (Sorry, I forget the name... ) Lots of other guys that I talked to, but none hung out on any forums.

Here's some pics:

http://www.morrisgarage.com/wrx/mo

Click for bigger photos. That's me with the SWRT flag.
    [edit: It was Vman. I had to go look at my own pictures to find out]

Oh, yea, in answer to your original question; Yep, I'll be there. I have two season tickets, and plan to attend everything except probably vintage bikes.
    Hey, that's me! Yes, Smorris and I were the only ones. I still have to get my pass. Have until Feb 20. Probably won't go to the FnF festival, but I'll be there for everything else.

Mike
    "The firsta rule of Italian driving, Whatsa behind me is not important." -Franco

I'll try to make it as well
    Tuned Perfection Autosports
    2005 Sti Widebody

I Support ClubWRX
    I heard back from Mid-Ohio and from Gary Sheehan.

The second USTCC (US Touring Car Championship) race at Mid-Ohio August 20-22 will be open to the public! So this might be another one to look at for our plans.

Gary said they are still putting together the plans for Team SMR and the WRX for this year's USTCC season. Once he has it all scheduled, he will post a PR. It would be great to see Gary and the WRX at mid-Ohio!

Stay tuned!

The Morris Garage
    Bugeye Mafia #338

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast