Rally Race in Virginia June 22nd
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Rally Race in Virginia June 22nd within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I went to this last year. It's not really advertised so there are very few spectators but lots of Subaru's. ...

Thumbs up Rally Race in Virgina June 22nd

I went to this last year. It's not really advertised so there are very few spectators but lots of Subaru's.

http://www.dcrally.com/clubrally/rap...directions.htm

Anybody interested?

-- Rich

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

yeah, i might be interested.

Definately interested. I don't think I have anything planned for that weekend. AND it's not super far away from my house this time.

Same weekend as the touring car championship race at summit point!

Which are you going to Rich?

-Jim
    Last edited by PlatinumWRX; 06-06-2002 at 01:38 PM.

Anyone going? Anyone? Anyone? Ferris... Anyone?

I'll be there. It's real hard to find, but I plan to show up around 11:00am. I know I'll at least have one other WRX with me, maybe 2 others.

-- Rich

Where are you leaving from? Are you caravaning down?

Yep... A few of us live in Southern Maryland which means we need to come up to the Potomac River Bridge ($3 toll). That's not too far from Waldorf so that'll probably be where we'll start from.

-- Rich

Hm, I'm not familiar with that area. Will you have to come up far to get into VA? I'm thinking of trying to meet up with you all somewhere along your route. Will you come by 495 at all?

Exit 7b off of 495 takes you to Waldorf... (might be 7a) Which ever exit takes you south... Waldorf is probably 10 minutes off of 495.

The Potomac River bridge is on Rt. 301 just past Waldorf.

-- Rich

Rich,

I don't understand this! You posted about the USTCC at Summit Point WAY back in the day and got some us really excited about it... and now you're going to bail on us for a rally cross!!!

I thought you were a cool guy when we met at MIR. What's the deal?

-Jim

I'm just posting the different events. I can go to which ever I want to go to. What's wrong with that?

Wish I could go to both...

-- Rich

I just don't see any comparison between the ONLY chance you'll get to see touring cars in the area this year and a silly little rallyX. If it were an SCCA sanctioned ProRally, that'd be different. I just think you picked the wrong event to attend, but do whatever you want.

-Jim

Honestly, something did come up on Sunday that I had to attend so that pretty much limits me to one day (Saturday).

It is sponsored by SCCA somehow, but no it is not the "big boys" of rally racing. Last year there were more racers than spectators, very easy to talk to the drivers and check out the cars.

Last year 15+ cars blew up. There was only one WRX there, but I hope to see more this year. Who knows, might see an EVO there too.

-- Rich

Originally posted by BigRich
    Honestly, something did come up on Sunday that I had to attend so that pretty much limits me to one day (Saturday).

It is sponsored by SCCA somehow, but no it is not the "big boys" of rally racing. Last year there were more racers than spectators, very easy to talk to the drivers and check out the cars.

Last year 15+ cars blew up. There was only one WRX there, but I hope to see more this year. Who knows, might see an EVO there too.

-- Rich
    If you can't make it on Sunday, I totally understand where you are coming from! Afterall, they dont; actually race until Sunday!

Cool, Rich. We'll have to do some drag racing together again soon!

-Jim

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.