Cracked Paint...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Cracked Paint... within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; This morning was a bit of a bummer. I recently bought on '04 WRX from Russell Subaru, got a great ...

Cracked Paint...

This morning was a bit of a bummer. I recently bought on '04 WRX from Russell Subaru, got a great deal and the guys are a trip, very kewl. Anyway it had a ding in the rear passanger door panel, no big deal they said, just bring it by some wednesday when the "ding man" is here and he'll fix it for you. Well if you can remember every wednesday for the past 2 months it's rained or been xmas eve, so I was finally able to swing by (I live in Potomac now) so I have to sit in the beltway traffic, ugh! Well the guy's doing his thing and crap the paint gets a little crack in it, probably from the cold. So now I have to take it in to the body shop and get repainted. Everything is under warranty and the dealership is awesome, no hassles, just a bummer. Oh well on the plus side it is a damn fun car to drive!

7000 miles and about time to start some mods. I doubt I'll go too crazy, but I'm looking at a COBB ECU flash and maybe a turboback exhaust.

cheers,
    -j

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yah,
    'paintless" dent removal frequently turns into painting your door in the cold. If the dent guy used a heating tool...or even took it into an inside bay it might not have cracked. This depends mostly how deep or "sharp" the dent was. If it was shallow it shouldnt hav mattered...a deep dent though only a couple really good dent guys I know can get them out.

DentMasters does really good work from my experience. There are a ton of PDR companies around the area though that I have seen good/bad work from. Dentclinic, Dentworks, Dent Terminator, Dingking...well there are many others too.

It really depends on who is doing it...i have seen guys from each company make a dent disappear...and then another guy from the same company make a dent look worse..

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.