Need help in Md, I am having serious issues.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Need help in Md, I am having serious issues. within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I need someone who is REALLY good with up/down pipes. I'm going to try and fix my up pipe problems ...

Need help in Md, I am having serious issues.

I need someone who is REALLY good with up/down pipes. I'm going to try and fix my up pipe problems one more time, then I'm going to start to replace parts... I hope to not have to resort to this, so I am hoping that I can get help from a local guy/girl. I have tools and I'll buy the food and drink for the help.
    RANGER on point
    2007 Protuned STi, 316awhp.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I've ordered new gaskets, can someone lend me a hand during the weekend? or the following?
    RANGER on point

Sorry that I can't lend a hand, but I just got my WRX and am not at all familiar with the workings of it.

Now, when you say RANGER on point, what type of Ranger would that be?

I was in 3/75 RGR RGT for a while in the early 90's, just curious.
    Aric
    '04 WRX SDN

Yes you know what type of RNG I'm refering too. I hope you weren't with B Co in 93?
    RANGER on point

When is the project getting underway? I could be persuaded to visit some family members in the Baltimore area and I'm definitely an expert.

-Jim

an expert with only 10 posts!?!?!?!

Just kidding, Jim. Hope you had a good holiday.

-Y

so NE way, Jim weather dependant you want to shoot for Sat the 10th? Please bring your gaskets, I've read bad things about the ones I ordered.
    RANGER on point

Originally posted by LouieWRX
    so NE way, Jim weather dependant you want to shoot for Sat the 10th? Please bring your gaskets, I've read bad things about the ones I ordered.
    AFAIK, the 10th is still good. I've got the gaskets for you.

-Jim

tan
    Jim in case you're asking me to go....I got a TDIclub Install Fest this weekend

whats a TDI install fest?
    RANGER on point

A TDI installfest is a meet where a bunch of TDI (turbo diesel golf) owners get together and put things on their cars that make them go faster. Good luck with the work....and don't let jim use any of his roofies on you, that's always a bad experience

Louie,

I've picked up a paying gig from NYC from a repeat customer this weekend AND I have to work on my rally light bar for fengshui's WRX. He went and bought the biggest, heaviest HELLAs ever hung off the front of a Subaru and now I have to figure out how to keep them on the car during rally conditions.

Feel free to call with any questions you have during the install, I think you can handle the installation and I can fedex 2nd day the gaskets to you (manifold to uppipe, manifold to cross pipe) if you paypal me for them. You'll still need the uppipe to turbo gasket. I also have the DP gasket if you need it. If I were in your position, I would replace the two cylinder head gaskets as well, because I think you overtorqued those last time. They are a single p/n and you just grab two of them. I can email you the sequence for tightening all the nuts so you get it 100% right.

-Jim

Hey I understand... please send me the tightening sequence, the gaskets I recieved from Subydude are pretty heavy duty I think. They are all metal. The only one I dont have is the manifold to crosspipe gasket, but that is a single ply gasket, it should be obvious if its bad shouldn't it? Any how please send me any info you think would be beneficial to this.
    RANGER on point

Wylie mentioned this to me..so i figured it was my duty to finalyl register here and post up..

i dont know what hte "rules" are about non-vendors modding peoples cars and charging labor rates..NABISCO kinda doesnt allow it, my guess is this site is the same way.
    either way, i've installed many up-pipes and fixeda few leaks caused by other peoples installs.

emial me at GTS_90@yahoo.com if you have any more questions about hte fix/install..

p pipe gaskets do not require removal of all the pieces..but sometimes thats easiestto see if any parts got scratched or whatnot.

what pipes and gaskets were you using?..

m about 1 hours from baltimore..if you need this done, pay a few $$ for me to spend on heating the garage for a day and i'll buy ya lunch and [hopefully]fix the leak.
    emial for details.

Originally posted by LouieWRX
    Hey I understand... please send me the tightening sequence, the gaskets I recieved from Subydude are pretty heavy duty I think. They are all metal. The only one I dont have is the manifold to crosspipe gasket, but that is a single ply gasket, it should be obvious if its bad shouldn't it? Any how please send me any info you think would be beneficial to this.
    I've got that in stock and you want that one. It leaks.

-Jim

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.