Black '02 WRX stolen from Belleville
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Black '02 WRX stolen from Belleville within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Hi everybody - My friend's black '02 WRX was stolen from the front of his girlfriend's house in Belleville, NJ ...

Black '02 WRX stolen from Belleville

Hi everybody -
    My friend's black '02 WRX was stolen from the front of his girlfriend's house in Belleville, NJ last night.

If anybody sees a black WRX that's really dirty and has a "Spongebob Squarepants" rear plate frame, please let me know.

Thanks -
    Vin

Edit: It's a sedan, by the way.
    Last edited by snvin; 12-28-2003 at 12:13 PM.
    '04 Platinum Silver Wagon, 5MT
    RIP '00 Integra

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Update

They found my friend's car last night in East Orange.
    Apparently, the punks who stole it got into an accident with a station wagon and ran away. The car has heavy damage on the left front, but not heavy enough to total it out.

And this is what pisses me off: The screwdriver they used was still in the car, and the cops didn't take it as evidence or anything.
    RIP '00 Integra

Mine was found in East Orange as well. I used the thieves screwdriver to start the car to drive it out of the impound

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

I Support ClubWRX
    I think the screwdriver left in the car is a sign or something. I can't count how many screwdrivers I have recovered from stolen recovery cars that come into my yard. Some of them were nice too. A couple snap-on's, mac's, and the usual k-mart junk.

Originally posted by NJwrbT-WRX
    I used the thieves screwdriver to start the car to drive it out of the impound

I dont mean to laugh at the fact that somebody stole your car, but using the theifs screwdriver to start your car is f'in hilarious!

Can't they get fingerprints off the screwdriver?

Based on my buddy's experience, I have even less faith in the police than I did before (not that I had much to begin with.) The police in the town where the car got stolen (Belleville) were actually kind a**holes about the whole thing.

-Vin
    RIP '00 Integra

I Support ClubWRX
    In areas like belleville, east orange, irvington, elizibeth, newark, etc...etc.. The cops don't give a **** unless you are getting shot or dealing drugs.

^Exactly.

Over 30 WRXs have been stolen in the last couple of months, all probably by the same people (definately most as they have been spotted a couple of times), and even then, when it is an obvious theft ring, they still do not give a rats ass.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

I Support ClubWRX
    Another reason my car is a garage queen. I can't get myself to park it in any parking lot or even leave it outside at night. I would love to drive it everyday, but the fear of it getting damaged or dissapearing keeps me from doing so. Especially anywhere in this area. I won't even bring it near willowbrook mall for fear of theft.

scary Nj...

did you guys who got your cars stolen have any anti theft devices on your cars ... like the wheel clamp or the accelerator stopper or whatever?
    *04' Black Pearl WRX Sedan*

**RISEN ONCE AGAIN**

My friend had the factory alarm.

Joe - When your car was stolen, did they put any holes in the headliner? I'm only wondering if it is a trend. (Note the last few posts on that thread.)
    RIP '00 Integra

So...are alarms worth it? Or are we just going to have to live in fear of our cars getting stolen?
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

You don't have to live in fear unless you frequent the eastern half of Northern NJ.

Unfortunately, that's exactly where I live.

The ironic thing is that one of the reasons I got away from Integras was that they were getting stolen like crazy because the B18 engines bolt right into Civics.

So I came to Subaru land thinking I'd be safe.
    RIP '00 Integra

Originally posted by snvin
    You don't have to live in fear unless you frequent the eastern half of Northern NJ.

Unfortunately, that's exactly where I live.

The ironic thing is that one of the reasons I got away from Integras was that they were getting stolen like crazy because the B18 engines bolt right into Civics.

So I came to Subaru land thinking I'd be safe.
    Keep 2 rotweilers in your car.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

an alarm installed correctly will probably make these guys move on. I know of a couple of people who had attempts on their cars but the theives couldn't take them because they had some sort of fuel/ignition kill system.

The trick is, all of it must be well hidden and hard to get to. If it takes more than 30 - 90 seconds to get the car running, usually they give up.

The factory alarm is worthless, it's easy to by-pass and only employs a starter kill with is useless on manual transmission cars. Get something better! Or do what I do until i get a system installed, I can't garage my car so I pull a few important fuses/relays when i leave my car for extended periods

also, dont go anywhere near willowbrook, or route 22, those seem to be hot beds. Also at the plaza, vallet park your car, there is a member who works there and they take care of the cars and watch them closely.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast