This is a discussion on points within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I live in New Jersey.. How do you plead against getting points added to your licsence?...

I live in New Jersey.. How do you plead against getting points added to your licsence?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

cnk
    You need to go to the court summons on your ticket. If you already plead guilty to the ticket, then the points are already added on your license and you have no recourse except to take a defensive driver's course to lower the points. You'll need to call the number on the ticket, most likely a court clerk number. Tell them you are pleading not guilty and set up a court date. Then you'll have to sit in court for a good 3-4 hours before they call your name. Hopefully, you'll be able to work something out with the prosecuter and have the ticket reduced.

In the past, I have just hired a lawyer and gotten both tickets that I had reduced. I was out of the court room within an hour. Lawyer fees can be expensive though. . .but they were high point tickets and the cost of the lawyer was well worth the money in my case.

Calvin