Where to get uppipe installed in sw wv?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Where to get uppipe installed in sw wv? within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I'm down around huntington-charleston in the sw corner of wv (ky and oh borders) anyone know a place around here ...

Question Where to get uppipe installed in sw wv?

I'm down around huntington-charleston in the sw corner of wv (ky and oh borders) anyone know a place around here that does work on scoobies?

thanks,

Bob

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I do not know of anyone to suggest. I purchased my Subaru last month. Anyhow, just wanted to say hello to a local guy.

What all have you done to your car already? Mine is bone stock so far.

Glad to hear it! thanks for the reply. I am getting the idea that there's not alot of us around here. I got it in July, and have done a few little things so far. Did a boost gauge and the autometer bezel. I just got done with the silencer removal mod. I want to get a helix uppie and an EGT gauge installed. I bought it in morgantown, but I talked to a salesman in Charleston, nice guy wish he had a wagon, he said there was a place, "right down the road" who does subbies. Any idea who he was talking about?

Sorry but I do not. I live in Charleston and have talked to the many of saleman at Jeff Morris Subaru in Kanawha City. Earlier this year they had a WRX in which they did some mods and tried to sale. I think it had an uppipe, turbo XS exhaust, and some 18" wheels. They sold it to a lady but latter they found out she was a manic depresant and they were forced to take it back. I cut a better deal at River City Subaru in Huntingon. I have seen a few modded Scoobies running around town but have no idea if they did the work themselves or what.

I hope to get some prodrive springs this spring. I have wondered were to take it to get it aligned to the specs which prodrive specifies. I have not looked into it too closely yet.

Where do you live? I'm about 5 minutes from the capital.

I'm 10 min out of Huntington (and river cities subaru). Since the summer I have seen only one wrx sedan (silver). It had 18" wheels was all I could tell. Jeff Morris, River cities and the dealer in St. Albans had no MT wagons in the summer, so I trekked it to John Howard in morgantown. River cities is pretty new it used to be Davis across the street. LOTS of outbacks and foresters around, so it looks like business is good. I wonder if they're "mod friendly" over there? The salesman I spoke to at the time seemed really excited to tell me about a 450 hp rex that comes in for service. Dunno about the springs, I'll find out about getting work done around here when the break is over ( I work at MU).

Later,

Bob

River Cities Subaru IS NOT mod friendly! They told me about the same guy, but when I asked about warranty issues I was told they must deny warranty claims on mod'ed cars per SOA. I mentioned not all dealers feel the same way. The salesman told me that I can talk to the service manager directly but I already know his thoughts on it.

I never asked the guys at Jeff Morris how they deal with mod'ed cars. I plan on getting Prodrive spings and 18" Prodrive wheels this spring. I will probably wait a year or so on any engine mods.

lol ok. I had the feeling they wouldn't be very mod friendly. I hope Jeff Morris is better. I get the impression that if they can show that your mod is in anyway a POSSIBLE cause they will deny the warrenty. I felt the same way about engine mods, which is why that uppie has been sitting in the garage this long. My compromise is to save all the OEM parts, and swap the exhaust if I have to. There are of course "safer mods" like JDM or STI uppies, and gutting the stock uppie. I debated gutting all 3 cats, or at least the first 2.

I thought exactly like you did about the exterior also. I am doing the side skirts and I got it tinted, and I'm looking for foglight covers. I wish there was more availible things for the my04 wagons. oh and I REALLY like the prodrives, in particluar P7's in black or gun metal You have a wagon ? right? I'll let you be the guinea pig on the 18's, I was thinking about conservative 17's with 215 tires.

Bob

I have a Black 04 wagon. What color did you get?

Have you considered the JDM foglights? I hope to make the switch, maybe next summer. Wheels, springs, and foglights will complete the exterior.

I want to do some motor work but still not sure what I'm going to do. My car before this was a Pontiac Grandam and it cost me a lot for out of warrany expendures. And it was only a 2000 model, so I have to think long and hard before I void this warranty. The tempation is strong though

Dam I should have titled this the WV private thread.

Cool, I love the black. forget what I said about black wheels I got wrb. I just wanted anything except silver, its all I've had for YEARS. Yeah the JDM fogs are great. I'm going to get covers before I spring for the lights tho.

My car before this was a Pontiac Grandam and it cost me a lot for out of warrany expendures.
    Yes, I have a different point of view. I have a 2000 Silverado, and I have had zero problems with it in 70K miles. So I can be more optimistic.

Yes, the tempation is REALLY strong. Every time I go in the garage I take a long look at that uppie. I know it will be only a matter of time. That silencer removal mod didn't help me. It sounds really cool. It made the tempation oh so much worse. I put in a shfter bushing sunday too. That is a worthwile upgrade, for sure. Just the fact it goes into fricken reverse now easily was worth it.

Bob

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.