Roll call Ohio - Page 11
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

This is a discussion on Roll call Ohio within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Justin, where in Oakwood are you moving to? I live in Centerville... off Clyo. Short drive to Oakwood....

Justin, where in Oakwood are you moving to? I live in Centerville... off Clyo. Short drive to Oakwood.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Any of you guys look at the Saab 9-3 while you were shopping?

Apparently run low 14s stock and have some really nice chips out there to really make them go.

I'm torn, I get a GM discount that would apply to the Saab to essentially bring it in to the same price range.

That 9-2 that's coming out next year might be worth waiting on. It's a reskinned WRX(entirely built by Subaru for that matter) with a touch of Saab luxury.

I'm moving to Oak Knoll Drive in Oakwood, OH (Near the intersection of US-48 and Dorothy Lane)

Seen several WRX's in the area, only 3 other black sedans like mine in over a year.

Hope to meet up with you guys sometime for a cruise or to talk about mods and stuff.

Justin

Wow, there are some WRX's REALLY close to me. I live in Bellbrook, Ohio close to the intersection of Whipp and Wilmington Pike. Hopefully I'll see some of you guys driving around. Right now, whenever I see another WRX no one EVER returns the wave.
    Last edited by Shibby; 07-27-2003 at 06:33 PM.
    --Jason-- 2004 MT WRB WRX
    Cobb Stage 2 more goodies:
    STi SS | Blitz SUS | Samco IC Hoses | Perrin Rear Sway Bar and Endlinks | Eibach's | Steel Gray Rota Downshifts | Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's | Blitz DTT-DC2 | Phatty-Ass System

"This is my WRX. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My WRX is my best friend. It is my life. I must master my WRX as I must master my life. Without me, my WRX is useless. Without my WRX, I am useless."

I know the feeling believe me! All kinds of mid age guys or families in WRX's that NEVER wave back. Come on, at least give a little love....

Lol, you two live like mintues from me.

Oakwood is a short drive up 48 (cops suck there, though not as bad as hellbrook) and whipp/wilmington is less then 5 mintues.

Not sure if it was either of you, assuming you both drive black wrx's, but about 2-3 months ago I saw one driving on Clyo rd, towards Alex-Bell and I was going towards 725 (it may be East frankling rd or something at that point.)

I gave a wave and so did the guy driving. I wave or give a nod to any WRX I see.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

Dayton, OH boys,
    Here is a list of the black WRX's I've seen in the area in the past year:

1. I saw a black WRX on RT-444 by WPAFB the other day with a black guy driving, we just cruised side by side for like a mile and chatted about our cars. His was bone stock, an 03.

2. I saw another kid at Kilcare Speedway in Xenia, OH a few weeks ago who races there often. Car looks really stock, but he has a turbo-back exhaust and Cobb reflash. Says he runs 13.6's in it on stock tires and stuff. Saw him do a 13.7 the night I was there.

3. Another black WRX from up north (Vandalia I think) was at the car wash the other day. Had lowered springs, body kit, large freakin BOV, Injen CAI, OH plates that said "Smoke U". Heard he was at Wagner Subaru for injector replacement after not caring for the thing. Poor WRX...

I've seen some blue sedans/wagons, a white wagon, a blue STI, a few black wagons, and not much else. Haven't seen red or yellow other than on the highway towards Chicago and at the dealer.

Well I'm the only blue 04 that I've seen in the area so far. I've seen alot of blue and black wagons lately, yet only soccer moms seem to be driving them.
    --Jason-- 2004 MT WRB WRX
    Cobb Stage 2 more goodies:
    STi SS | Blitz SUS | Samco IC Hoses | Perrin Rear Sway Bar and Endlinks | Eibach's | Steel Gray Rota Downshifts | Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's | Blitz DTT-DC2 | Phatty-Ass System

"This is my WRX. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My WRX is my best friend. It is my life. I must master my WRX as I must master my life. Without me, my WRX is useless. Without my WRX, I am useless."

I think us Dayton, OH guys should start a separate thread to do all this talking in. I'm sure all the other OH guys are getting teed off at reading this.

I've seen a blue WRX sedan on US-725 and US-48 with full-sized Subaru decals on the side in a lighter blue. Gave a wave, didn't see any return.

Originally posted by tubbytreats
    Chirexy, Shibby, NoUse4aName,
    I'm in Fairborn, OH right now soon to be moving to Oakwood. I'm up for an install day or just a day to cruise around Dayton. Have recently done a ton of mods to my car's looks and am saving up for a ScoobySport exhaust system and maybe a Cobb reflash or something.
    I have a black 2002 WRX with Koji-modded headlights, 35% tint, STI-Strut Tower Braces (Front & Rear), STI-Replica Mesh Fog Light Covers, Carbon Fiber Interior Trim, SilverStar headlights, Billet Grille Insert, Injen CAI, and more.

Who's up for a Dayton meeting sometime just to chat and talk about different mods?

Justin
    Hey Justin,

I wouldn't mind having a Dayton area cruise. I don't have the cash for an mods right now, but I'm always into working on someone elses project if they need help.

Are you going to the Aug 10 meeting? I know it is a little ways a way, but I'm going to attempt to make it.
    ----------------------------------------
    '02 Blue Sportwagon
    No mods - yet
    Starting with the rear sway bar and anti-lift kit...one day....I have faith

Originally posted by chirexy
    Are you going to the Aug 10 meeting? I know it is a little ways a way, but I'm going to attempt to make it.
    -Ryan |Dub-Yuh Our Ex Ess Tee Eye| My Car

Anybody in Dayton willing to teach someone a stick shift?

Going to be in the market for a new car soon, but no one I know has a stick shift to teach me. I'd like to at least try it out for awhile to see if I'd enjoy it as much as I think I would.

There's sooo much turbo lag in the autos. I imagine it would be a lot more enjoyable in a manual.

If you're worried about your car getting stalled or grinded a few times, I certainly understand. Any other suggestions? Do any of the rental places in town have stick shifts anymore?

I'm up for a Dayton meet sometime if you all want to.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq

Hey guys, need some advice:

I'm buying a ScoobySport muffler and downpipe from www.rallyperformance.com I need a local place to do the install. I just got off the phone with Wayne at Wagner Subaru in Fairborn, OH and he said they wouldn't install the downpipe cause it's illegal for them to do that.

I'm buying the parts myself and am wondering how hard it would be to do a "self install" of these parts. (I'm keeping the midpipe, uppipe, and center piping all stock) Any suggestions where I can take my car to get the "deed" done? I'm thinking Midas or Muffler Bros or something...

Thanks!

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

Might have to go with something like Xtreme Autosports in Kettering to get that done. They did a dismal tint job for me, but I hear they do good work with performance parts.