Almost Traded UP! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Almost Traded UP! within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally posted by Bask Oner STi drivers don't seem enthusiastic about seeing other Imprezas or meeting their drivers. As a ...

Originally posted by Bask Oner
    STi drivers don't seem enthusiastic about seeing other Imprezas or meeting their drivers. As a matter of fact, 90% of STi drivers that I've seen have been old *****ers who look entirely out of place driving their own car.
    whoa... down boy. maybe in NY that's what you're seeing - but then, in my 20 yrs of living in NY, no one seemed to much care what anyone was driving. heck, you could debadge a car and no one would know what you were driving. as for the 'old *****ers' comment, i've seen but two 'old *****ers' in STi's, and both were highly knowledgable about their cars.

down here in the philly area, i can assure you that every STi owner i've met has loved their car, and has always been cool towards any car at any meet we've been at. please don't try to sell all of us as STi snobs who think less of anyone without one.

as for you not giving a crap about seeing STi's, if i had a stage 4, i probably wouldn't worry too much about them either. but, in a way, isn't what you're saying about not giving a crap about STi's the same as STi's not giving a crap about you or other Impreza owners?

ps - this message was in no way meant as a flame, or in an obnoxious manner. just questioning some things you said.
    s e t h
    "If you're going to live on the cutting edge, you'd better be prepared to bleed a little."
    Stink-Eye Mob #73, Hawkeye Alliance #667

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

No problem.

Just remember that I'm speaking from my own pig-headed point of view, and by no means am I classifying all STi owners that are out there.

I'd like to revise my statement though. All new Impreza WRX or STi owners that I encounter these days do not have the enthusiasm or appreciation for their own automobiles as the ones that I encountered last year. Last night a bone stock WRX tried to pull on me from a light, almost caused an accident by driving in a lane that wasn't actually a lane, and then pulled a ricer fly-by on me. Not only that, but he didn't wave or even roll down his window at the light when I did. The only '04 Impreza WRX or STi drivers that I believe appreciate their cars are the ones who have been drooling over them but not been able to afford them since '02.

That's all. I may be generalizing, and I'm most likely way off base, but I can be angry at whoever I like.
    Matt
    WRX-less, now RSX-y!!!

In my area... the STI drivers are either 16 years old or over 40 years old. Go figure. Eventually that will change, but for now - I have no one to wave to. hehehe
    ^..^

Beware of people who dislike cats. -Irish Proverb

No problem...

...Just remember that I'm speaking from my own pig-headed point of view, and by no means am I classifying all STi owners that are out there...

...That's all. I may be generalizing, and I'm most likely way off base, but I can be angry at whoever I like.
    absolutely true
    and i know i'm only speaking for myself when i say that i've liked WRX's since their inception, and always respected them. the only reason i haven't had one until now i that i was occupied with other cars that i liked, as well. but i gotta say, so far the STi is the only car i've owned that has kept it's grin factor for this long.
    i think, in general, that once a car's been out for awhile, that its novelty and enthusiasm levels tend to drop. it was true with the people i knew with S2000's, and is already happening with the 350Z crowd. there's something cool about being among the first to have a car, but for some reason, the more people get it, the less they seem to "get it." that's how you see the true enthusiasts, IMO. check out how they like their car a few years down the road, when the fly-by-nighters have moved on to the next big thing.
    s e t h
    "If you're going to live on the cutting edge, you'd better be prepared to bleed a little."
    Stink-Eye Mob #73, Hawkeye Alliance #667

The only '04 Impreza WRX or STi drivers that I believe appreciate their cars are the ones who have been drooling over them but not been able to afford them since '02.
    <--------
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Yes Trailbossman, I was referring to you!
    Matt
    WRX-less, now RSX-y!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12