Custom exhaust in maryland

This is a discussion on Custom exhaust in maryland within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Does anyone in maryland know a good custom exhaust place....and how much do they charge turbo back catback... any information ...

Custom exhaust in maryland

Does anyone in maryland know a good custom exhaust place....and how much do they charge turbo back catback...
    any information would be helpful
    thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

come on guys.......
    somebody

I have no idea and it looks like no one else does so far. Why do you want a custom shop to do a turbo back? Why not get a TurboXS or ScoobySport or the like? Those have been tested and proven to add good power.

The only one I can think of is on 301. If you're heading from south from Bowie it's on the right. I can't exactly remember where it is, but I've seen a sign for custom exhausts. Sorry if it doesn't help much, but it's the best I can come up with right now.
    2005 Forrester XT premium

If you go down ritchie highway, Route 2. Near where Hp racing, Import sports are, past the court house. There is a place called Tony's custom exhaust or something like that. He does good work. im sure you can call him. For a full turbo back with mandrel bends as long as you supply the canister your lookin at around anywhere from 350-450 or something like that

I did a similar search around the N.VA area a while back and didn't find any deals in custom made exhausts. Most shops want around $800-$900. Labor costs are high in my area. I ended up buying pieces as cheap as I could find and ended up with a turbo back for under $700.00.

I picked up a bosal dp and catback for for $197.97 and $324.70 at www.importedcarparts.com/ (it looks like the cat-back is currently out of stock) There are lots of on-line parts stores that carry them so shop around

I picked up a 3" cat for $45 and had the midpipe custom built for $100.00

viola! turbo-back for under $700!

The real cost of the "custom made" turbo backs is the dp, so if you can live with the stock mid-section, the $200 Bosal DP is a bargain. Then just pick up the catback of your choice. Otherwise, just drop the grand+ on any of the current crop of turbo-backs out there.

Here are some other options:
    http://www.vrsexhaust.com/TURBO_BACK...subaru_tb.html
    http://www.yodudeperformance.com

Maryland is home of the most custom exhaust there is, the TurboXS Stealth-back. www.turboxs.com
    Matt
    WRX-less, now RSX-y!!!

I went to Tony's in Glen Burnie

I went there about a year ago with my WRX to Tony's. I said I wanted a 3" catback exhaust. They said "what kind of car", I said "does it matter"? They came back with saying they don't have 3" anything in stock. That was it, they couldn’t even order it. They were very busy when I stopped by.
    www.ray.wroten.com/interest.htm

yeah
    went to gaithersburg and got a turbo xs.......and luv it

I've had excellent luck with Tony's. I'm not sure about the 3" thing, but they've done excellent work on all of my other cars.
    RANGER on point
    2007 Protuned STi, 316awhp.

There is a place that does cutom bending you can try them out it's located downtown Silver Spring the name of the shop is Ryco on East West HWY and Georgia Ave. They got a website call them first.

moving

hi guys,
    I hope you don't mind me swaying this topic a little. I'm planning on moving down to MD, is there any tight regulations on car inspection due to modified exhausts?

Thanks,
    WR Blue Perl WRX

depends on your local laws. Some cities have noise ordanances, some dont. Emission laws are OBDII and above just get hooked up to the harness, OBDI and below get the pipe sniffer. Just be warned that if you get maryland plates, they charge 5% excise tax. So 5% of the worth of you car, is taxed to the state.
    RANGER on point
    2007 Protuned STi, 316awhp.

thanks Louie,
    Does anyone know if a WRX with catless up and downpipe and axel back exhaust would pass the emissions test? I still have the third cat in place.

thanks again
    WR Blue Perl WRX

If you are not generating any trouble codes you will pass. They only plug you into the scanner and if you are code free (and the readiness codes are OK) then you pass. I've never seen them do a visual check but it might happen if your car (or you) really looks suspicious but you should be OK with the third cat.

Dale