NrthNJ: Looking for a good shop...

This is a discussion on NrthNJ: Looking for a good shop... within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; fellas: I have been looking for a speed/mechanic/paint shop (not all in one) that I can trust. Shops that have ...

In b/w the olsens... Nork, NuJersE (Newark, NJ)

NrthNJ: Looking for a good shop...

fellas:

I have been looking for a speed/mechanic/paint shop (not all in one) that I can trust. Shops that have worked on WRX's before and aren't gonna gouge me on the price. I'm going to be doing some work to it VERY soon and I'm looking for an all in one stop shop as far as mechanics goes. I live in Newark and work in Jersey City so all the shops I typically go to for advice, answers, and prices have coke dealers as owners who have the shop as a front for their contrabanding ways (you'd be surprised as to how many there are). As far as paint goes I don't mind as long as they're good and inexpensive, I can't stand the "prime, paint, and attach the front lip is going to be $1600" shops. They want big work like limo fleets, not me. I don't mind if they don't speak english I know spanish, I can hang, just good work friendly staff, that sort of thing.

If you guys have any open shop meets where I could go and get some help installing my own up and down pipe from guys who know what they are doing... that would rock. My boy in down neck nwk sold his WRX cause his wife is now pregnant again so no more meets with him & his boys are too illegal for me to trust on my own. Anyway if you guys have any advice ro any directions to point me in I'd appreciate it.

Lux
    2002 Black WRX
    stock throughout-
    because my warranty says so.

- NJ isn't just a state, it's a state of mind.
    - Being from JersE makes us different from other people, it makes us better than YOU... [*HURHM* sound]

GOD BLESS AMERICA

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

NJ shops

Hey
    I also live in Jersey and was wondering about the same thing. Do you know what types of mods you can do before you void the warranty? I'm getting a WRX in a feww weeks and am plaaning on doing a lot of mods. If you find a good shop let me know

I haven't found any good ones but I've heaard amazing... AMAZING things about RalliSpec in Cherry HIll, NJ.
    It's a bit far for me but from what I hear worth it, all they do there is subaru's and have a huge history of good work and knowledge.

As far as paint, nothing major.

As far as decals... ViggDesigns, ALWAYS a Vigg!

Waranty: All cosmetic, anything underhood, exhaust, or anything near the tranny or suspension, your F-ed!

Lux
    2002 Black WRX
    stock throughout-

- Being from JersE makes us different from other people, it makes us better than YOU... [*HURHM* sound]

GOD BLESS AMERICA

The parts department at bell subaru in Rahway said any upgrade thats an sti part (subaru made) will not void warranty. Bigger turbo, bigger intercooler, and exhaust as long as its sti your good too go.

THEY LIED TO YOU!

I know Dan Janelli (SOA Training Manager/Sales Manager) and Bill Powel 9head salesman of the Impreza & Forester) and they both have told me and showed me the SOA issued memo's that anything but the Cosmetic and/or the Short throw wll VOID the waranty... NO DOUBT ABOUT IT.

If your dude told you that anything STi is okay under waranty, get it in writing and have him sign it and grab that mans card cause I'll ask for the same damm thing!!!

Lux

email me if you talk to him soon: Luxcar101@yahoo.com
    2002 Black WRX
    stock throughout-

GOD BLESS AMERICA

ok im getting a wrx hopefully this week and i made sure and spoke to the parts department manager and he told me anything sti is ok. So when i buy the car you bet im going to have that in writting before i leave with the car

Good Luck.. WRITING IS BINDING!

MAKE SURE THAT:

a) He doesn't necessarily have the highest position in Subaru so semantics in the letter such as "... should be..." ad "... under the conditions of..." should be looked at very carefully. Nothing leading to a 'possibleility' or 'conditional' factor should be allowed in the letter.

b) that his superior gets a chance to view the letter in order to confirm the legality of his statements.

c) if all goes well, call the headquaters of Subaru of America, Inc. in Cherry Hill, NJ and fax them the statement letter with a note saying that it is of your knowledge that these comments are correct and have been verified by you and all authorities of attorney that Subaru of America, Inc. will hold up to the comments stated by this 'Manager of Parts'.

Lux
    Last edited by Luxcar101; 05-14-2002 at 10:04 AM.
    2002 Black WRX
    stock throughout-

GOD BLESS AMERICA

I just came back from Lynnes in bloomfield and they also said that they will honor the warranty with STi parts. I won't take it as gospel but it's possible.

I'm presently looking for parts i.e. an engine/driveline for a 96 Impreza. I was refered here by a member and it seems quite friendly here. If anyone has any advice please send it my way.

Sorry, Holy old thread batman. Didn't notice

Hey guys. Just a heads up...

http://iace.com/azp

We are probably the most grass-roots subie installers in the NY/NJ/CT/PA Area. We are subaru enthusiasts just like you and treat your car as if it were our own.

Check us out.

PM/IM/E-mail me if you have any questions.

-mike
    azp@iace.com
    paisan12 on IM/Yahoo
    05 Legacy GT
    04 Nissan Armada
    05 CTS-V

Lux, I also live in Jersey and I HIGHLY recomend Rallispec. They're in Hainesport, NJ ( exit 4 on Turnpike) They're about an hour and a half drive from Newark, but trust me, its worth it. I dropped my car off and picked it up 2 days later, had extensive work done. All they do is Subaru's, they got 2 really cool rally cars in the parking lot. Any more ?, PM me.