Ohio E-Check

This is a discussion on Ohio E-Check within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; This has been bothering me for awhile, but I have been told although by a source with questionable reliabilty, that ...

In Ray's house while he's jacking it in his car.

Ohio E-Check

This has been bothering me for awhile, but I have been told although by a source with questionable reliabilty, that WRXs along with all fulltime AWD cars are exempt from E-Checks in Ohio because they don't have the right dynos for them to roll on. Now, it has been several years since I got an E-Check, but I do seem to remember that at least at the center where I got mine, they did one have one dyno, which would be incompatible with our cars. Furthermore, it does say in the WRX owner's manual that because of this there are certain areas of the country where Subarus are exempt. Does anyone have a definite answer to this? I live in Geauga County.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Here in MA its basically the same thing...Nobody has an AWD dyno to do the "sniffer" test.

SO what they do instead is they tap into your ECU and find out if you've thrown a CEL in the last couple of days. If you havent then you're good to go and they give you your sticker. Hopefully its the same way in OH.

Suckers

Edit: Please note that if you're catless they'll know b/c of the smell and fail you . Its not somethin I know first hand as I still have a cat, but thats what I've heard through the rumor mill.
    Last edited by Lt. Boom Stick; 09-15-2003 at 01:57 PM.

In Ray's house while he's jacking it in his car.
    I hope it is the same way here, as I can easily go to Autozone and clear my CEL. I have a TurboXS third cat, but I want to go catless. I should just get off my lazy ass and go to a station just to ask them there. Maybe I will and let everyone know. Thanks.

bump, i would like to know to
    --Jason-- 2004 MT WRB WRX
    Cobb Stage 2 more goodies:
    STi SS | Blitz SUS | Samco IC Hoses | Perrin Rear Sway Bar and Endlinks | Eibach's | Steel Gray Rota Downshifts | Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's | Blitz DTT-DC2 | Phatty-Ass System

"This is my WRX. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My WRX is my best friend. It is my life. I must master my WRX as I must master my life. Without me, my WRX is useless. Without my WRX, I am useless."