US Touring Car Championship Sedan Road Racing (June 22-23)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on US Touring Car Championship Sedan Road Racing (June 22-23) within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Forget drag racing, this is the real stuff. The WRX won 1st place in the most recent race in March. ...

Exclamation US Touring Car Championship Sedan Road Racing (June 22-23)

Forget drag racing, this is the real stuff. The WRX won 1st place in the most recent race in March.

The race on June 22-23 at Summit Point Raceway in WV is what I'm shooting for. If we plan early we could get a good turnout. I've spoken to the driver of this WRX in the past and he said he'll stop by and chat with us.

Here are the links:

USTCC Homepage: http://www.ustcc.com/
    Sheehan Motor Racing: http://www.teamsmr.com/
    Summit Point Raceway: http://www.summitpoint-raceway.com/

It's a couple months away, but let's come up with some ideas and get a big WRX croud there.

-- Rich

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I AM THERE !!!

Let's go people!! Good stuff!

-Jim

Talk about early planning! I'll be there... if I'm still living in this area in June.

A two-day event requires early planning. Especially since most of us would want to get hotel rooms for the night of June 22nd.

I'm going to make some phone calls this week to verify the date of the race and to get hotel information.

-- Rich

Hrm...thats the same weekend as the NASA HPDE School at Summit...I wonder how that works?
    WRB WRX STX Prepped

Gary Sheehan is da man! He's a regular poster on i-club, with very helpful, informative posts (he even sells great used parts). Maybe we can entice him to post here as well?

Figured it out... I called both the USTCC and Sumit Point Raceway.

There are 2 tracks. The USTCC is racing at the "NASA" track that weekend. They didn't have a time when the gate opens but it most definitely that weekend.

-- Rich

Three weeks away people. Same w/e as Rich's Club/ProRally in VA.

I think I'll do the Touring Car thing since I just went to STPR.

-Jim

There isnt any ProRallies in VA, you are referring to the Rapidan RallySprints that is not much more than a glorified RallyX. Cool nonetheless, but IMO the USTCC race will be much better to watch.

I will be there at the HPDE and to watch the USTCC race
    WRB WRX STX Prepped

Where is the Pro Rally in VA? is there a web site with info on it?

There are not any ProRallies in VA
    WRB WRX STX Prepped

Originally posted by elgorey
    There isnt any ProRallies in VA, you are referring to the Rapidan RallySprints that is not much more than a glorified RallyX. Cool nonetheless, but IMO the USTCC race will be much better to watch.

I will be there at the HPDE and to watch the USTCC race
    Thank's elgorey, that's the one that I was referring to. The website makes it out to be a small ProRally. I'm thankful for the news otherwise. I would've been sorely disappointed if I showed up for a "glorified RallyX."

That seals it. I'll be at Summit Point that w/e.

-Jim

Hm, I'm confused. So is this going to be like the thing in PA the past weekend? Or is it a road race? What's going on at Summit? Is that a rally race or a street race?

The thread that you are reading right now is about a bunch of highly modified sedans racing on a race track, namely Summit Point.

This thread is about the rally in VA.

BigRich brought both to our attention, but I think he forgot about the Touring Car Race, so I wanted to remind him (and everyone else) about it and find out which event he is going to attend.

Clear?

-Jim

Pay to get into Summit Point

Unfortunately in order to get into Summit Point to spectate the races, you have to pay ($15 I think)

I might be able to get 1 or 2 people in for free as my "crew" of course then you have to be my b!tch for the day --bleed my brakes!

edit: oh come on this isnt i-club stop the censorship
    WRB WRX STX Prepped

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.