Pine Barrens Express (NJ) TSD Unpaved Road Rally, Saturday 11/12/2003

This is a discussion on Pine Barrens Express (NJ) TSD Unpaved Road Rally, Saturday 11/12/2003 within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Event 7. Pine Barrens Express: Northern New Jersey Region, November 22. Based in Whiting, NJ. A brisk tour with a ...

Pine Barrens Express (NJ) TSD Unpaved Road Rally, Saturday 11/12/2003

Event 7. Pine Barrens Express: Northern New Jersey Region, November 22.

Based in Whiting, NJ. A brisk tour with a lot of unpaved. For additional information, contact the rallymaster, Fred Cochran at 732-271-5185 or takko@worldnet.att.net

I think I'm navigating for fengshui, but I may be driving so I can kick his ass.

-Jim

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

http://home.att.net/~pbxrally/index.html

My car will definitely be campaigning this rally. And if we do go head-to-head, I will already be fully accelerated and making the next turn by the time your gigantic turbocharger is even 1/2 spooled

My goal is to pick up a front and rear skidplate from Primitive racing before the event. And I possibly might have some nice winter tires that can double as dirt/gravel tires by then. I will either be racing in Class C or B, although I'm not sure yet which.

Whoever is going to be co-driving better catch up on reading pace notes/tulips

chris
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

Be careful at the PBX. I've seen a few subies get wrecked by locals in PU trucks during it. I ran it 2 years ago in the Trooper.

-mike
    05 Legacy GT
    04 Nissan Armada
    05 CTS-V

PU trucks? Was it on purpose? Or just a normal accident because the roads are narrow and people were generally driving very fast?

chris
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

A lot of the locals in the barrens down there get pissed if you can see over the roof of your car when you're out there. I once trudged through a small lake (or huge puddle) that a guy had struggled through.. As I went through, the guy chucked a hunk of mud the size of my head at my car.. Needless to say I came around again while he was jumping up into his truck, and gave his interior a lil splash cleanin.
    For the most part, the locals keep to themselves, unless they're headed somewhere, they're at a place they'll stay out till they dig the ruts too deep for themselves.
    I wish i could make this I'll be in SC
    Scott
    www.thewrxstore.com
    T3/T4 Kits starting @ $2500.

630.510.8981- Voice
    630.510.9978- Fax

Originally posted by TheWRXstore
    A lot of the locals in the barrens down there get pissed if you can see over the roof of your car when you're out there. I once trudged through a small lake (or huge puddle) that a guy had struggled through.. As I went through, the guy chucked a hunk of mud the size of my head at my car.. Needless to say I came around again while he was jumping up into his truck, and gave his interior a lil splash cleanin.
    For the most part, the locals keep to themselves, unless they're headed somewhere, they're at a place they'll stay out till they dig the ruts too deep for themselves.
    I wish i could make this I'll be in SC
    Scott
    Rednecks suck and they are everywhere. Chris, I'll be your navigator. I won't have my WRX come November.

-Jim

Results: http://www.users.fast.net/~nescca/rrPBX.pdf

Chris and I came in 12th in class S (stock).

This was Chris' first rally ever and my first time navigating.

We got screwed up by people leaving at the wrong time at the beginning. After the dinner break we did extremely well.

-Jim