NY is Mid-Atlantic
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on NY is Mid-Atlantic within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Sorry I admittedly didn't search for this topic. Being that NY is connected to Canada in part how in the ...

NY is Mid-Atlantic

Sorry I admittedly didn't search for this topic.

Being that NY is connected to Canada in part how in the world is it Mid-Atlantic?

I have always called it North-East...
    Life is just one unifinishable project
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Someone flunked Geography
    Hey, if Singapore is in China then New York must be in Mid-Atlantic

-Dave
    '03 WRX Wagon
    '99 Outback Sport
    '96 Impreza "Franken" L <- CoDriver
    http://TeamIAC.com
    http://race-sport.net
    http://racingbrake.com

i'd thought the same thing about ohio... you have all these states in a little cluster, then ohio is way out there. it's like "which one of these is not like the others?" no offense intended, i just think it's a little off the track for most east coast mid-atlantic members.
    s e t h
    "If you're going to live on the cutting edge, you'd better be prepared to bleed a little."
    Stink-Eye Mob #73, Hawkeye Alliance #667

North New Jersey, School at Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania (Rt 287, Rt 78, Rt 22, Rt 80)
    But new york touches new jersey so....lol

LOL , you cant win amd i think they are focusing on southern new york which is like 10 min away from new jersey.
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

"I wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save its species" Fight Club

NY used to be in Northeastern States, until someone *cough* PLATINUMWRX *cough* annexed it here.

Why?

I still don't know. But he laughs every time I bring it up.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

hmm... maybe it's time to reconsider a remapping... when i read about events, i hate seeing a 10 hour drive to get to them. that's not regional, that's semi-national. the ohio meet? 9 hour easy. south of the border? long way. and i'm as centrally located in the mid-atlantic as possible. imagine what it's like for those north and south of me. my s2000 meet had a mid-atlantic group and the longest drive i had was 3 hours. but then, ohio wasn't in it, neither was NY (although we spoke to them all the time). perhaps a bit more focus will result in more common and populated meetings. just my $.02.
    s e t h
    "If you're going to live on the cutting edge, you'd better be prepared to bleed a little."
    Stink-Eye Mob #73, Hawkeye Alliance #667

Question

What the heck does OHIO and KENTUCKY have to do with the atlantic?

Thumbs down

ny is def northeast, whoever did that is retarded
    %100 angry black sedan

NYC has a sh*t load of people, including WRX owners of course. Since there are not many WRX related events in NYC, and NJ is chock full of them (much more than Connecticut), it makes perfect sense for New York to be included in the Mid-Atlantic forum. Besides, even if Connecticut and Massachusetts did get tracks like Raceway Park and Pocono Raceway, plus dealers like Nino and tuners like Rallispec, these things would still be farther from the bulk of the New York population than just about anything in New Jersey.

Plus, New Jersey has cheap gas, so we should be even more inclined to head over there.

BTW, now that we gots ourselves a NY/NJ/PA posse, NY ain't goin' nowhere.
    Matt
    WRX-less, now RSX-y!!!

Originally posted by Bask Oner
    NYC has a sh*t load of people, including WRX owners of course. Since there are not many WRX related events in NYC, and NJ is chock full of them (much more than Connecticut), it makes perfect sense for New York to be included in the Mid-Atlantic forum. Besides, even if Connecticut and Massachusetts did get tracks like Raceway Park and Pocono Raceway, plus dealers like Nino and tuners like Rallispec, these things would still be farther from the bulk of the New York population than just about anything in New Jersey.

Plus, New Jersey has cheap gas, so we should be even more inclined to head over there.

BTW, now that we gots ourselves a NY/NJ/PA posse, NY ain't goin' nowhere.
    Matt is right. I had it originally in NE, but I moved it for sake of member grouping and because I compete in a lot on Finger Lakes rallies and I live in PA (moving to NJ this weekend).

%100 angry black sedan

Look, it's a map!

Solution: Re-name "Northeast" as "New England".
    Matt
    WRX-less, now RSX-y!!!

Originally posted by Bask Oner
    Look, it's a map!

Solution: Re-name "Northeast" as "New England".
    I personally could give a rats ass what the NE forum is called. I had my reasons when I sliced up the regional forums. If you have complaints about something this trivial, I don't really care.

On a side note, Long Island should be it's own state. It's barely connected to NY and doesn't look like it belongs to NJ either.

-Jim

Actually Long Island is directly connected to Brooklyn and Queens. The only stand alone Islands are Staten and Manhatten.

Maybe a Tri-state forum would suffice
    Life is just one unifinishable project

Eh. Then someone else would complain. Just be happy with what you've got.
    Matt
    WRX-less, now RSX-y!!!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.