Cecil County Dragway Meet this Friday Aug 1

This is a discussion on Cecil County Dragway Meet this Friday Aug 1 within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; OK...potentials to show up are as follows: me wickedwrx02 jrjwrx CKxx Lightning Thats only 5, but it's better than none. ...

I Support ClubWRX

Cecil County Dragway Meet this Friday Aug 1

OK...potentials to show up are as follows:

me
    wickedwrx02
    jrjwrx
    CKxx
    Lightning

Thats only 5, but it's better than none. For now, lets plan on meeting at the track between 5 and 6. They always open up late, so I probably won't be there until 6 PM. Some may show up even later due to working late. They are open pretty late, so no problems there.

Anyone else want to come along, please let me know. The more the merrier!!

Hopefully we'll get someone that runs in the 12's. I'd reeeeaallly like to see that!

Ciao'
    Scott
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I can bring someone else, but he probably wont race.
    I created my avatar.

if i can get there, it's not going to be until after 8 at the earliest... figure the track is an easy 45 min drive from my work, and i won't be out much before 7:15. and that's if i don't stop at home on the way. but i'm still gonna try
    s e t h
    "If you're going to live on the cutting edge, you'd better be prepared to bleed a little."
    Stink-Eye Mob #73, Hawkeye Alliance #667

Hey, I'm from DE. I would really like to come this Friday but I don't know if I can make it. I would really like to go in the future if you all plan on getting together again. Just let me know

Oh, I meant to say also. I was planning on going to Hot Import Night in Baltimore on Sept 6th (saturday). Just wondering if any of you were planning to go. Just thought it would be cool to maybe meet up or something.

I Support ClubWRX
    If you can't make it, no sweat. I'm sure we'll do it again before winter.
    As for the Baltimore hot import nights, start another thread for it and we'll see who wants to go. I might check it out...depends on my schedule.

Scott
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

Well, i got my car back together. Now i just have to see if i can come up w/the money to go tomm.

...I may roll up there riding in someones trunk, but ill do my best.
    I created my avatar.

I Support ClubWRX
    Don't forget...wear long pants or sweats and real shoes, no sandals or flip flops. Also, if you think you'll break a 13.9, bring a helmet. Any helmet will do as they don't inspect them. Of course...nothing like a bicycle helmet...it should be a motorcycle or car helmet.

There is a concession stand that sells coke, dogs, etc. Also a pit area if you need to prep. The entry line forms up at 5 pm, but the track usually isn't ready until about 5:30. Tech occurs after you've paid to run, in the linup lanes prior to staging. They will hand you a blue sheet when you pay to get in. Make sure to fill this out for the tech guys or they will pass you by and you'll have to wait. Hopefully we can all line up together. When I get there, I'll park in the staging lanes near the concession stand. Just look for the silver STi. I'm shooting to arrive at 5 pm sharp.

If you want to bring a wife or GF, they can hang out in the staging lanes with you, and there are bleachers to sit in also. If others are comeing in vehicles but not racing, and they want to sit in their cars, they can come in the second entrance and park right at the fence. Great view from there. For those coming down 95, take the exit for hwy 272 west. At the first light, there is a community college on your right, and a gas station on your left. Turn left at the light. Go down about a mile and there will be a road with a sign for the dragway on your left. Turn left here. The dragway will be on your left about 4 miles down the road. This road is very bumpy and narrow, and all residential, so please keep your speed down.

I'm bringing a ratchet set for anyone who needs it. I"m probably going to uncork my exhaust for the drive there to allow my ECU to adjust. Also, don't forget to unload your extra weight like sub boxes, spare tire, jack, etc. You can do this in the pits, but I never have so I can't vouch for security. I believe they sell race gas there, but as your ECU needs time to adjust, it likely won't do you a whole lot of good to use it. I'll have a digital cam on hand for pics.

Scott
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

I Support ClubWRX
    Here is a link to the Nasioc post for attending Cecil tonight...BTW...it's in MD, not DE. I live about 7miles from both borders so I get confused.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...17#post4345017

Scott
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

I Support ClubWRX
    Drat....rained out. Just got back from the track and they closed it at about 10 after 5. I'll try again another Friday.

Scott
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

Youve still got tomm to race at NOPI race wars...stupid name, fun event i hope.
    I created my avatar.